PDA

View Full Version : team #95

Jgreenwd1
04-09-2002, 09:32 AM
if you havent seen what our robot can do yet or heard of what it can do here is a video clip. Team # 95 running the balls (http://www.lrt-uppervalleyrobotics.com/misc_html/video/ballrun_short.mpg)

Joe Johnson
04-09-2002, 10:54 AM
That is an incredible machine.

Lebanon does it again!

From the first year I saw your machines run (1998 -- sucking balls out of the center goal like it was as easy as walk in the park!) I have always and an admiration for the great thinks your team comes up with.

Incredible machine. See you in FL.

Keep up the good work.

Joe J.

Jgreenwd1
04-09-2002, 10:55 AM
sorry to tell you but we are not going to fl.:(
i wish we could because i know we could do well.

Ryan Meador
04-09-2002, 11:19 AM
Well, almost as soon as I'd uploaded that video clip, Jeremy beat me to posting a message about it here! :) I would have put the website's base address in there... www.lrt-uppervalleyrobotics.com. In addition to the video, you'll find a bunch of pics of the robot (more to come soon), past robots, and info about our post-season exhibition tournament.

Edit - Removed period from end of website address

Jgreenwd1
04-09-2002, 11:21 AM
you should have know that from me.
and the web site is wrong
http://www.lrt-uppervalleyrobotics.com/
i also got some video,and photos that i can send to you if you want it.

Keith Chester
04-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Who's your main driver? I talked to him for awhile, but we never got an exchange of names or e-mail addresses.
BTW, love the machine. I was literally afraid of it when we went up to face it, one of the most intense matches I watched.

Joe Johnson
04-09-2002, 10:10 PM
This limited Championship keeps getting worse and worse!

I know I know, I have been an advocate of limiting the Nationals (I mean - Championship Event) for years.

Intellectually I know that this is the right thing to do and that it is inevitable even it if was not the right thing to do... ...but...

in my ideal world, only the teams I didn't know and/or didn't love would be excluded.

It hurts when a team that you know and love and (worse yet) that you know are worthy teams are not going to be in FL.

Growing is a painful process. I wish that there would be a way to get all the teams that deserve to go to FL there but I don't know how to do it.

Lebanon will be missed by me at least in FL.

See you there next year!

Joe J.

Chris
04-09-2002, 10:15 PM
How Come LRT isn't going? I was pretty sure their Robot Tesla won a regional last year? Wouldn't that qulaify them for this year? or was it a money thing?

Andy A.
04-09-2002, 11:49 PM
Ya, we arn't happy about having to stay out of the champs this year either.

We did win 1st last year at NJ, giving us 3 points for champs. Back when we still needed 5 to go, we decided that we'd rather just spend our money going to 2 regionals then hope for a chance at champs. As it turns out, they opened up registration again and we qualified, but by then we had spent our money.

Had we won one of the two regionals we might have been able to scare up funding. But it wasn't in the cards this year.

Don't worry, we'll be there next year.

In other news, I was the driver for 95 at both NJ and CT, with Kaitlin Palmer running the ball rollers and basket. Now, who exatcly was the 'main' operator is a spot of debate between the two of us ;). In anycase, I would have been the guy you were talking to.

-Andy A.

ReijiH
04-10-2002, 01:50 AM
At the KSC regional, I saw team 86 and thought, wow they've sure got a great ball grabber....then I saw you guys. It's a shame I can't see you guys at the nationals.....it's just as fun to observe the mechanism of great bots as much as watching the competition itself.

Keith Chester
04-10-2002, 04:12 PM
Ahh, andy, hey. i don't know if you remember me.
I was the weird guy in the Hawian shirt

Harrison
04-10-2002, 10:56 PM
I'm just going to sit here in silent awe for a couple minuets after watching that video...Absolutely amazing!

Quick question tho, how are you guys for grabbing single balls spread over the field? or do u just not worry about them? lol

Jgreenwd1
04-10-2002, 11:13 PM
we are very good at that too. we only pick them up if need be.

jasoni
04-11-2002, 05:05 PM
Best.

Ball-Grabber.

Ever.

Andy Baker
04-12-2002, 09:10 AM
Yep. I'd agree.

20 balls... 5 seconds. Wow.

/me looks down, shakes head

You know... you work sooooo long to get a ball grabber to get 20 balls in about 40 seconds, and then these guys from Lebanon, NH show you how it's done in 5 seconds. This is pretty humbling.

You guys better get to the Championships!!!

Andy B.

Jgreenwd1
04-12-2002, 09:12 AM
i wish we could but we cant. unless there is a loop hole i dont know about.

shawny963
04-16-2002, 10:02 PM
Wow! I thought our ball system was nice, dont get me wrong i still do, but ...... WOW! I was happy when we got 19 ball pickups down to 13 seconds. We might be a 'hoover' but we cant compare to a popcorn popper. Haha, nice job, too bad we wont see you at nationals, i woulda liked to meet another good ball vacuum.