PDA

View Full Version : Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Carolyn Duncan
07-17-2001, 01:22 PM
I just thought I'd post this because I am listening to the radio and this song is on. I like it and think it should be played at every FIRST competition.
C~ya,
Carolyn who thinks maybe a bumper sticker should be made for Dean that says this.

David Kelly
07-17-2001, 01:30 PM
i heard it a lot this year. Styx is cool:)

EddieMcD
07-17-2001, 03:42 PM
You're wondering who I am, machine or manican. With part's made in Japan, I am the modern man.

I've got a secret, I've been hiding, under my skin. My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain, IBM. So if you see me acting strangely, don't be suprised. I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide, to keep me alive, to keep me alive.

The High Priest's Official Playlist Song #90: Styx - Mr. Roboto

Have a nice day. :)

Carolyn Duncan
07-17-2001, 09:32 PM
Waddya think? The song is great, imho.
C~ya,
Carolyn who is a fanatic of pre-90's music.

EddieMcD
07-18-2001, 10:07 AM
Oh hell yeah.

Nate Smith
07-18-2001, 11:00 AM
Definitely!

Carolyn Duncan
07-18-2001, 12:06 PM
It's nice to know more people appreciate good music. We should petition FIRST, LOL j/k. One petition for this year is enough.

EddieMcD
07-18-2001, 03:34 PM
Of course, no competition is complete without Survivor - Eye of the Tiger.

Christina
07-18-2001, 04:25 PM
I like the song. I have it burned to a CD somewhere. Hehe.

~Christina šoš

EddieMcD
07-18-2001, 05:24 PM
So does The High Priest.

Ah... the advantages of an extremely large playlist & a CD-Burner.

Carolyn Duncan
07-19-2001, 09:46 PM
Some of us have a cassette that we've owned so long you can't read the words on it anymore It just stays in the tape player.

EddieMcD
07-20-2001, 09:54 AM
Eh, whatever works.

Carolyn Duncan
07-21-2001, 07:36 PM
The VH1 behind the Music of the Styx was on this morning but I missed it. The only part I saw was the part where they were in concert wearing the robot costumes. Oh, well. Guess I'll have to catch it later.

A. Leese
07-21-2001, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by EddieMcD
Of course, no competition is complete without Survivor - Eye of the Tiger.

*Screams at the mention of Eye of the Tiger* Sorry..I'm in band and that's my school's like number two most played song during marching season.

~Angela who just felt like screaming anyway

Carolyn Duncan
07-21-2001, 08:09 PM
What did you scream? Anything in particular?

David Kelly
07-21-2001, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan
The VH1 behind the Music of the Styx was on this morning but I missed it. The only part I saw was the part where they were in concert wearing the robot costumes. Oh, well. Guess I'll have to catch it later.

i saw that episode before, it was pretty good

EddieMcD
07-22-2001, 09:30 AM
Fishy, you are EVIL!

But hey, while were at it, let's have a screaming contest.

*screams a holy scream*

mike o'leary
07-22-2001, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by littlefish180

*Screams at the mention of Eye of the Tiger* Sorry..I'm in band and that's my school's like number two most played song during marching season.

is that a good scream or a bad scream...

Stacy
07-22-2001, 08:15 PM
I'm a little late replying to the Mr. Roboto conversation, but my team (353) named our robot MR. ROBOTO. I wasn't on the team then, but I've heard that now everyone is SOO sick of that song.
That should DEF. be the theme song, and should be played more often than it is. I did hear it at both the Long Island Regional AND nats.

Stacy who is now listening to it and wishing it was the robotics season more than ever.

Carolyn Duncan
07-22-2001, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Stacy

Stacy who is now listening to it and wishing it was the robotics season more than ever.

I know the feeling, can't wait until I find a team. I've been hearing it a lot lately. We just got a new radio station here, all '80's music.

My turn to scream *ear piercing horror flick scream*:eek:

David Kelly
07-22-2001, 09:12 PM
all this screaming is hurting my ears. i can't take it anymore!! aaahhh

Carolyn Duncan
07-22-2001, 09:24 PM
You cannot resist the powerful therapy of screaming. ;)

David Kelly
07-22-2001, 09:30 PM
whoops. i didn't mean to yell like that.

Carolyn Duncan
07-22-2001, 09:41 PM
What's done is done. You can't erase the past. I think you can be forgiven, but just this once.

A. Leese
07-23-2001, 12:19 AM
Fishy, you are EVIL!

But hey, while were at it, let's have a screaming contest.

*screams a holy scream*

*screams*

Mike..that was a bad scream before

EddieMcD
07-23-2001, 10:22 AM
Well, my scream was a holy scream, so it was louder.

mike o'leary
07-23-2001, 02:49 PM
What's done is done. You can't erase the past. I think you can be forgiven, but just this once.

actually he can...he coudl always delete the post. which would make carolyn's post even funnier.

Brandon Martus
07-23-2001, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by mike o'leary

actually he can...he coudl always delete the post.

up to one day after the message is posted...

mike o'leary
07-23-2001, 03:02 PM
oh oops...
i would now consider using the power of the delete, but then i remembered that im a ninny and everyone knows it anyways

EddieMcD
07-23-2001, 03:49 PM
Ninny pride!

Carolyn Duncan
07-23-2001, 09:46 PM
If you really wanted to get the post erased you could butter-up Brandon but,... Anyways, I thought ninnys were supposed to be smart. At least that was the def. I got on the old forum.

David Kelly
07-23-2001, 10:07 PM
If you really wanted to get the post erased you could butter-up Brandon but.

especially if you post something that will get you in trouble and make a lot of people mad. i made that mistake a couple of times in the old forum. hopefully i learned to watch what i say

EddieMcD
07-24-2001, 01:13 PM
Ninnies are smart? Let's go to the dictionary.

Ninny (n) - fool; simpleton

mike o'leary
07-24-2001, 01:58 PM
yeah i learned that lesson about posting stuff that can get you in trouble and make people mad...

and btw, the FIRST definition of a ninny is different then the dictionary definition of a ninny

EddieMcD
07-24-2001, 02:07 PM
Ah...

Carolyn Duncan
07-24-2001, 06:28 PM
Even I knew that! j/k I only knew because I asked onthe old forums. It kinda confused me the way people used it.

mike o'leary
07-24-2001, 08:30 PM
i remember that thread...im trying to remember what antons responce was though

Carolyn Duncan
07-24-2001, 08:56 PM
Something about it being a good thing,having power tools, and it ended with Rambots with power tools. I think you can look it up in the archives of the old furum.

Matt Ryan
07-25-2001, 08:28 AM

Eye of the Tiger is a great song! I'd love to play that if I took band.

;)

mike o'leary
07-25-2001, 01:07 PM
oh i know the story...just his reply to youre question was funny if i remember correctly.
but yeah, anton was asking people on the forum for some help with something on the bot and he enced it by saying that the rambots were a bunch of ninnies with powertools and it kinda stuck.

EddieMcD
07-25-2001, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Matt Ryan

;)

Too bad our band doesn't play that.

Male flutes rock!

A. Leese
07-25-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Matt Ryan

;)

OK. I give up. I'm never going to say anything I think on here again, b/c you'll just go against it. J/k I know it's all in fun. :)

~Angela who sees now that Matt likes to be a pest just as much as her

EddieMcD
07-26-2001, 11:29 AM
Well, Eye of the Tiger is my all-time favorite song, so really, I have to go against you there.

A. Leese
07-26-2001, 03:33 PM
Yea..its ok for you all to like Eye of the Tiger..it's a fairly decent song. Just you get sick of it if you have to play it ten times at every game times twelve games a year..yeah..it's annoyance. Oh well.

~Angela who just got the music for Eye of the Tiger today at the first MCHS band practice of the year..yeah! *gag*

EddieMcD
07-26-2001, 04:16 PM
Band camp already? Ours starts the 26th.

Everybody now: male flutes rock!

A. Leese
07-26-2001, 06:16 PM
Band camp already? Ours starts the 26th.

Everybody now: male flutes rock!

yeah..well..school starts Aug 13th here..so Blastoff (band camp) is August 6 to 10th from 1-8..today was just a music rehearsal to get the freshies used to the normal stands music and all of us to the show music...fun stuff..

~Angela

EddieMcD
07-27-2001, 12:22 PM
Geez, we only go 9-4 for 3 days (3 hours marching, 1 hour lunch, 3 hours for sectionals (my favorite part)), and after the third day, we have a pot luck.

A. Leese
07-27-2001, 02:49 PM
Geez, we only go 9-4 for 3 days (3 hours marching, 1 hour lunch, 3 hours for sectionals (my favorite part)), and after the third day, we have a pot luck.

Well..my band director is on something..so..he's big on lots of practicing and all that. His goal is to teach us all of the music and the whole drill by the end of camp. He always wants us to be perfect and keep up with the "tradition of excellence [our] band program has worked so hard to maintain these last twenty-? years." *gag* I guess it's not that bad..could always be worse :)

~Angela who just figured out her left from her right foot last year during Blastoff

EddieMcD
07-27-2001, 05:05 PM
When in doubt, left is right, right is wrong. :D

David Kelly
07-27-2001, 09:06 PM
i always find a way to make fun of the band kids on my team.

~David who will not even attempt to do that here.

mike o'leary
07-27-2001, 09:12 PM
yeah...why is it that there seems to be quite a few band members in first.

EddieMcD
07-28-2001, 08:30 AM
And yet, only one of them is a male flute...

-Ed "I really gotta point that out again" McDonnell

Madison
07-28-2001, 11:23 AM
Well, Eddie. . .

If it's any consolation, I played the flute for a single summer. I taught myself how to play, wasn't very good, and then I went right back to the trumpet.

You see, when it came to the trumpet I was a musical prodigy. The flute required work.

Carolyn Duncan
07-28-2001, 11:43 PM
And yet, only one of them is a male flute...
-Ed "I really gotta point that out again" McDonnell
Why is it that you are surrounded by women and yet you have one not? Am I missing something here?
And Fishy, left is the side where the thumb and index finger form a "L" when you hold your hand out in front of you palmside away from your face.

A. Leese
07-29-2001, 05:18 PM

And Fishy, left is the side where the thumb and index finger form a "L" when you hold your hand out in front of you palmside away from your face.

I know that..and you have no clue how hard I laughed when I read that b/c my dad made fun of me one time for doing the "loser" thing with you hand making an "L" on your forhead the wrong way..his AP Chem students (you all know who you are..ugh..) never let me forget it..but thanks for the info :)

~Angela who got insulted many times by her dad's Chemists..if you knew them, you would understand what that's pretty bad

EddieMcD
07-29-2001, 06:18 PM

Now granted, the other side doesn't make an "R", but by process of elimination, that must be your right.

mike o'leary
07-29-2001, 06:22 PM

hmmm...i never noticed that before...
mike whos starting to wish hes going to kindergarten now, cuz theyve invented a ton of new tricks like that that they didnt have when i was there.

EddieMcD
07-29-2001, 06:39 PM
You'd figure someone would notice it after a quarter-million years of existance.

mike o'leary
07-29-2001, 08:41 PM
its been around for 1/4 million years? weve i been through all this???

A. Leese
07-29-2001, 10:30 PM
....is to find someone who knows which is left and right and have them paint an L on your left hand and foot and an R on your right hand and foot. I've been told that it's very effective.

~Angela who has yet to find someone who knows their left from their right who would be willing to help her

mike o'leary
07-29-2001, 10:33 PM
id help you out but id screw it up

A. Leese
07-29-2001, 10:55 PM
id help you out but id screw it up

Thanks for the offer..but I need someone who I'm sure will get it right.

~Angela who gives Mike 5 Good Guy Points for the offer to help her

mike o'leary
07-29-2001, 11:00 PM
yay i have 5 good guy points...whatever those are

David Kelly
07-29-2001, 11:01 PM

Thanks for the offer..but I need someone who I'm sure will get it right.

~Angela who gives Mike 5 Good Guy Points for the offer to help her

whats the max # of points you can get?

Clark Gilbert
07-29-2001, 11:04 PM
Probably as much as she wants to give

:)

A. Leese
07-29-2001, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by David Kelly

whats the max # of points you can get?

The Good Guy Points system is very delicate. Only I may know how many points can be possibly given. They are only given sparingly and only when the deed is not done just for the sake of the Good Guy Points. Only, I believe, three guys have been given good guy points. Mike, feel special. The others of you who have received Good Guy Points should feel special as well. Good day.

~Angela who sounds like someone from the Elizabethian times..almost..

EddieMcD
07-30-2001, 11:56 AM
Ooh, that means I'm special. :cool:

A. Leese
07-30-2001, 12:38 PM
Ooh, that means I'm special. :cool:

Eddie..since when did I give you Good Guy Points? I remember giving you Insanity Points..but never Good Guy Points..

~Angela who probably has now upset the High Priest but doesn't really mind :)

David Kelly
07-30-2001, 12:43 PM

Eddie..since when did I give you Good Guy Points? I remember giving you Insanity Points..but never Good Guy Points..

thats what i remembered too

mike o'leary
07-30-2001, 12:45 PM
can i get insanity points?

A. Leese
07-30-2001, 12:49 PM
can i get insanity points?

Not yet, Mike..you haven't really done anything specific..I think Eddie got them for doing something strange or another in the Tigerbolt Chat just b/c he was bored and wanted to keep the chat going..still can't remember what it is..but oh well..sorry..

~Angela who should have never mentioned this all in here

mike o'leary
07-30-2001, 12:51 PM
oh i see how it is. i bet if i did something insane right here i wouldnt get them for it anyways.

mike who woulda thought that asking for insanity points was insane enough in the first place to warrent them

A. Leese
07-30-2001, 12:53 PM
oh i see how it is. i bet if i did something insane right here i wouldnt get them for it anyways.

mike who woulda thought that asking for insanity points was insane enough in the first place to warrent them

Well..I was actually wrong before..I wasn't really the one who gave Eddie the insanity points..that was Sean McD from 271..he sort of allowed me to give them to Eddie..but I dont' think he posts in here..so I believe that insanity points are limited to Tigerbolt..sorry, mike..

~Angela

mike o'leary
07-30-2001, 12:59 PM

Well..I was actually wrong before..I wasn't really the one who gave Eddie the insanity points..that was Sean McD from 271..he sort of allowed me to give them to Eddie..but I dont' think he posts in here..so I believe that insanity points are limited to Tigerbolt..sorry, mike..

~Angela

mike thinks that weak

Carolyn Duncan
07-30-2001, 07:34 PM
I can send you stickers with pictured instructions if that would help. I would offer to write on you personally but I live too far away. Sorry that's the best I can do.

EddieMcD
07-31-2001, 01:51 PM

I remember you giving me Good Guy points in the chat once. Looks like I'd have to go fishing through my logs to find it, but I know you gave me some.

Why do I get the feeling it had something to do with the m/s/s thingie?

-Ed "who's too lazy to go through his logs right now" McDonnell