PDA

View Full Version : pic: Team 759's Robot

Denman
03-14-2005, 07:05 AM
[cdm-description=photo]20711[/cdm-description]

JohnBoucher
03-14-2005, 07:07 AM
Nice looking robot.
It appears that the candy-stripe "probe" is a worm drive to deliver the tetra. Is that how it works?

- Raven -
03-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Yep. That's about it. :) "Candy stripe"... *chuckles* ...yeah, I suppose that ain't a bad description.

oljomo
03-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi

For any that want to see our inventor entry, (with pics of the cad and real robot) is up (one whole hour before the deadline, and its midnight over here) at
www.systemetric.org/CAD/index.php

oljomo

JohnBoucher
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Yep. That's about it. :) "Candy stripe"... *chuckles* ...yeah, I suppose that ain't a bad description.
I really think it's cool. Nice visual touch. I'm looking forwarding to seeing some video of it in action. How fast is the rotation and can you control the speed?

sanddrag
03-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Nice looking robot.
It appears that the candy-stripe "probe" is a worm drive to deliver the tetra. Is that how it works?Hehe, you reminded me of that song "Candy Shop" You should make it your team song. :D

Denman
03-15-2005, 05:41 AM
Right some stats:

Weight : Unknown(rather ,i dont know)
Size: Fits in the box by a few inches or so
Features: A secret weapon which is hidden by the polycarb covering.... (hint: Greatly enhances manoverability.)
Lifter which has a rotating "Proboscis" (no idea why its called that) which is powered by a fp motor.
Transmission
CIM with Kitbot gearboxes, with different sprocket on outside
Lifter arm powered by another CIM on a 3rd Kitbox gearbox
Frame : 1/4 inch box Steel (its a 759 tradition)

Any Questions, please ask and i'll try to reply asap