PDA

View Full Version : [RCU]: Meeting-Nationals

tiffany34990
03-30-2005, 02:21 PM
The union will be having a meeting on FRIDAY APRIL 22ND from 3:30-4:30
The location will be announced later.

We hope to see any girls interested there!!!

Julia Magoolia
04-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Not sure if anyone noticed, but you can now get a text message reminder before the RCU meeting in Atlanta!

sure_smile
04-13-2005, 12:42 AM
OoOoOo!!! I am a new firstie, and would totally be interested in starting a chapter of the RCU in Oregon. Unless of course there is already one and i just don't know about it...knowing me, im such a spaz...but yeah, i will deninfely come if i can get away for that long! if u happen to see team 1510 in the pits or something, remind me! i'm the indian girl lol you'll be able to tell if u see me. but yeah, i definitely want to come! oh yeah, if you could post where we're meeting...hehe
-anj

KelliV
04-13-2005, 10:42 AM
YAY IT'S ALIVE!!!! I haven't seen any RCU stuff in awhile... I am so glad we are back up!

tiffany34990
04-13-2005, 04:13 PM
There are currently two chapter in the RCU: in New Hampshire and Southern Florida

and if you haven't checked out the website go to: www.robotchicksunion.org

David Kelso
04-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I can say that there are sure a lot of head bands in our house....just waiting to travel to Atlanta.

Barry Bonzack
04-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Since you all are talking about the Championship anyway, wanted to see if you have seen this FIRST E-mail Blast. May be of interest.

Greetings Teams:

FIRST in conjunction with Girls Incorporated is convening a panel of leading and future women scientists, engineers, and academicians to engage in a dialogue with an audience at the FIRST Championship. The panel will examine the social and economic costs of gender expectations, and explore effective ways to prepare young women and men to challenge these expectations.

The ongoing debate on the role of women and girls in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) has been renewed and receiving nationwide attention. FIRST is keenly aware of this debate and is starting our own discussions and initiatives to address the issues surrounding women in STEM fields. In the past year, FIRST has formed the Girls FIRST Advisory Committee and a strategic partnership with Girls Inc., the nation's premier advocate for girls, to find innovative ways we can recruit, retain and promote the advancement of girls and women in FIRST.

Join us on Friday, April 22 from 12:30pm to 2pm in the to join our lively discussion. This event is free and open to the public.

Place: Georgia World Congress Center, Room C101

Moderated by Marcia Brumit Kropf, Ph.D.
Chief Operating Officer
Girls Incorporated

Panelists include:

Yvonne Clearwater, Ph.D.
NASA Project Manager/Producer
NASA Robotics Curriculum Clearinghouse (RCC)
NASA GIRL (Girls in Robotics Learning)

Maryann Combs, MS, MBA
General Director - Engineering & Product Planning
General Motors of Canada, Ltd.

Donn Griffith
Doctoral Student, Career and Technical Education
Clemson University

Merredith Portsmore
Tufts' CEEO Program Manager
Ph.D. Student Engineering Education, Tufts University

Alia Sabur
NDSEG (Dept of Defense) Fellow, Youngest ever
Ph.D. Student, Materials Science and Engineering
Drexel University

Ellen Zegura, D. Sc.
Professor and Associate Dean
College of Computing
Georgia Tech

Yes, I'll be wearing an RCU button in support for the union.

dubious elise
04-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Awesome to hear, however, do you know where the meeting might be held this year? I really want to find time to start up a Wisconsin chapter if there are any girls interested.

tiffany34990
04-15-2005, 10:17 AM
THE MEETING WILL BE HELD: 3:30-4:30 IN ROOM C109

We hope any girls once again that are interested can come by for a while. We have a lot of things to talk about and information to be passed on.

:)

If you miss the meeting or can't make it... PM me and I'll be happy to keep you posted or stop by team 180's pit in the Curie division and I'll be happy to talk to you.

thank for everyone's support! and do go to the panel if you can!! thanks again everyone :)

tiffany34990
04-24-2005, 11:23 PM
The meeting I think was a sucessful. We got a lot of great input for those that attended. Thank you for coming again. If you missed the meeting PM me and we'll give you the infomation you missed.

We'll send out the meeting minutes as soon as possible. Thank again everyone!