PDA

View Full Version : Maybe im blonde...

Greg Perkins
04-01-2005, 12:36 AM
ok,

either i dont get it or i am blonde...but what is this whole dean simmons and the kamen brothers band?????!!?!

it looks like a parody band...please help clear up my confusion

D.J. Fluck
04-01-2005, 12:55 AM
That is correct

http://www.deansimmonsandthekamens.com/home

Al Skierkiewicz
04-01-2005, 06:29 AM
It's hard to describe until you experience it. "It keeps getting better and better everytime I hear it!"
A great bunch of guys playing music for the masses with a robot theme to some of the songs and funny hair.

DSK Roadie

Josh Hambright
04-01-2005, 07:07 AM
They mostly play cover songs, or parody songs with robotics themed lyrics.
Some titles include:
"Down with the Science" (Down with the sickness)
"Save a Porsche Ride a Segway" (Save a horse ride a cowboy)
"Wiiiiildstang" (Wildthang)
"Dirty Code Done Dirt Cheap" (Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap)
"Woodie Flowers" (Buddy Holly)

They are also a merchandising MACHINE! With t-shirts and even customized guitar picks.

They are a band of brothers who love music, everything geek, and robots!

They have great hair.

Thats a little bit about them that i thought people might find interesting that dont know much about them.

Josh
DSK Security

Brandon Martus
04-01-2005, 07:50 AM
ok,

either i dont get it or i am blonde...but what is this whole dean simmons and the kamen brothers band?????!!?!

it looks like a parody band...please help clear up my confusionCome to IRI 2005 and find out. :)

Erin Rapacki
04-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Could somebody videotape one of their performances and put it online? Or is that copyright infringement... :D

Chris Hibner
04-01-2005, 07:53 AM
ok,

it looks like a parody band...please help clear up my confusion

From what I hear, DSK tries not to take themselves too seriously, but they always try to play the music well. Also, they like to have fun creating new, FIRST themed lyrics for songs (but not all songs).

BTW - I love the Quagmire avitar - Aaallll riiiight.

Brandon Martus
04-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Could somebody videotape one of their performances and put it online? Or is that copyright infringement... :D
There will be video from Midwest regional on their website within a week or two.

Theres one mp3 from midwest up already -- a few more coming in the next few days.

Ian Curtis
04-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Do you have a link to this mp3?

Lil' Lavery
04-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Surf teh IRI 2004 threads and you can find the videos of their first public appearance! There were 2 of them last time I checked.

edit: http://www.deansimmonsandthekamens.com/media also

Chris Fultz
04-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Come to IRI 2005 and find out. :)

Despite being the oft-ignored manager, I am pushing for a 'no-video' deal so that everyone has to see them live :D

(shameless plug for IRI attendance....)

Chris

65_Xero_Huskie
04-01-2005, 08:35 PM
U guys were great...( I didnt know how u got ur hair to stay on chris..lol)

IMDWalrus
04-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Is there any chance of a performance at Nationals?

That would be truly amazing, especially if they manage to be even more amazing than they were in Indiana last year.

Need any groupies?