PDA

View Full Version : O no chem 102 test tomorrow

FIRST JerseyKid
04-25-2005, 12:25 AM
This is horrible I have a chem 102 test that is 18% of my final grade tomorrow after our 16 hour bus ride home from atlanta. To add on top of that I didnt have my one book so I couldnt study I braught 1 of the 2 I thought i had them both. Also were doing stuff that I know a good ammount about but my teacher is so hard on us that I know im going to fail.

I tell all my professors months ahead of time and still they are making me take a chem 102 test on monday university physics 1 test on tuesday and a calculus 2 test on wednesday. When reminded my chem teacher about me going to atlanta he said to me "Are you sure you want to go you should stay home and study. (me) Ive been planning and working on this for months. (him) We'll I hope you fail this test. (me) I probly will even though im the only one that answers any questions in class. (him) Ya you are but still you dont know it unless you work on it. (me) If you give me till wednesday I could study than. (him) Your taking it monday or your failling the class. (me) This sucks"

So now i have to wake up at 8am and study till 130 when i have the test. Its on all the transition metals, nuclear chem, and some electro chem maybe.

ERRRR im so irresponsible but i dont care we seeded 1st in galileo. Ill still get an A in physics and Calc. I hope my eng 102 teacher didnt want me to finish athello by wednesday, o well i could read spark notes.

sanddrag
04-25-2005, 12:50 AM
I know how you feel. Even without the championship, this quarter in college has been tough for me as well. Chemistry (2nd one), Physics, and Calculus 2 and Advocacy/Argument all at once. Chemistry is a 7:45 AM class two days a week and it is 37 miles away from my house and it is a 12 minute walk to the class once I park. For Calculus, I am learning integrals and hyperbolic trig functions and volumes of the region between two curves rotated about an axis and all this crazy stuff and it is really hard to keep up with. Physics should be easy but its not because I had two years of it in high school but I have forgotten a lot since it was two years ago that I last had it. The one thing going pretty well is Chem Lab. For some reason I just understand what I am doing for the most part. Maybe it is because the lab manual is very good and well written.

Anyhow the bottom line is (as Mark Leon says) it is all about the math. If you are going into engineering, you have to stick with the math and learn to like it. Don't let match scare you away from engineering though. The nice thing about math is that even if you can't find the answer, you know that a definite answer exists and so does a definite way of finding it. It is much better than something like art where everything can be the answer or philosophy where you have to define the meaning of answer before you can even attempt to make an answer. And then you can question wheter it really is the answer or if you are imagining it to be the answer or if an evil demon is deceiving you. :ahh: Anyway, philosophy bad, math good. Definite answers are better, even if you cannot find them.

EDIT: PS, I've had mid terms worth 33% of the final grade and finals worth 50% of the final grade! :ahh:

FIRST JerseyKid
04-25-2005, 07:43 AM
I know how you feel. Even without the championship, this quarter in college has been tough for me as well. Chemistry (2nd one), Physics, and Calculus 2 and Advocacy/Argument all at once. Chemistry is a 7:45 AM class two days a week and it is 37 miles away from my house and it is a 12 minute walk to the class once I park. For Calculus, I am learning integrals and hyperbolic trig functions and volumes of the region between two curves rotated about an axis and all this crazy stuff and it is really hard to keep up with. Physics should be easy but its not because I had two years of it in high school but I have forgotten a lot since it was two years ago that I last had it. The one thing going pretty well is Chem Lab. For some reason I just understand what I am doing for the most part. Maybe it is because the lab manual is very good and well written.

Anyhow the bottom line is (as Mark Leon says) it is all about the math. If you are going into engineering, you have to stick with the math and learn to like it. Don't let match scare you away from engineering though. The nice thing about math is that even if you can't find the answer, you know that a definite answer exists and so does a definite way of finding it. It is much better than something like art where everything can be the answer or philosophy where you have to define the meaning of answer before you can even attempt to make an answer. And then you can question wheter it really is the answer or if you are imagining it to be the answer or if an evil demon is deceiving you. :ahh: Anyway, philosophy bad, math good. Definite answers are better, even if you cannot find them.

EDIT: PS, I've had mid terms worth 33% of the final grade and finals worth 50% of the final grade! :ahh:

O ya. Im awesome at math. In our calc 2 class we finished integrals a month or so ago we have been doing series and all that new stuff. I will never take two sciences again. Im also good at chem lab even though my chem lab teacher is extremely hard. Our class never finishes before being an hour late. The labs were doing now is quantitative annalys crap.

Greg Ross
04-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Question: What is the difference between "Oh no! Chem 102 test tomorrow!" and "Oh! No chem 102 test tomorrow!"

Answer: The first gets a :eek:, and the second gets a :D!

FIRST JerseyKid
04-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Question: What is the difference between "Oh no! Chem 102 test tomorrow!" and "Oh! No chem 102 test tomorrow!"

Answer: The first gets a :eek:, and the second gets a :D!

I didnt do that bad. I think i got around a 70 and in my class thats awesome. Class average on first 2 tests were a 68 and a 58. I got 59 for both. I hope i do well in lab.

sanddrag
04-25-2005, 11:02 PM
And with that, I should go ahead and mention that my Chem midterm is early tomorrow morning. The chemistry I'm in is the second one in a three class sequence of general college chemistry. The test will be on equilibrium equations and pH and stuff. I hope I do okay.

Wow, so busy. Here's what I've got going on.

Tomorrow (tuesday) night I will have to do Chem lab report and prelab, Calculus homework (using integrals to find volumes) because I am behind, and 15 physics problems (I think they're on friction) due for wednesday.

Then Wednesday night I have to prepare for a quiz (which I think is more like a test) in Advocacy and Argument and then go to machining class until 9:30 at night because I haven't been in like a month. I still have to figure out what to make.

Then Thursday night I have to prepare a fairly lengthy physics lab report and study for the math midterm on Friday! :ahh: And somehow manage to watch CSI and Without a Trace because those are my favorite shows.

On the weekend I will probably have to do math because I will probably be behind again and there will probably be more physics homework too.

And then next monday I have to wake up early to take my truck to the body shop because some idiot in a civic hit me on the first day of the quarter. And then I'll be stuck driving some pos little rental for a week.