PDA

View Full Version : How Big is Your Button collection?

BaldwinNYRookie
04-28-2005, 07:17 PM
I like big Buttons, and I cannot lie!
^Sorry, I'm a loser. You'll have to forgive me.

How big is your button collection?

Katie Reynolds
04-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Let's see ... I have three 93 buttons, three 269 buttons, one 1259 button, one 45 button ... and some other cool ones on a bulletin board (at home).

Kyle
04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
I started to count but I ran out of fingers AND toes so I gave up.

over three years the collection has gotten pretty big.

lsmith243
04-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Around 20-ish, just from Atlanta. I have more floating around but I don't know where they went...

BaldwinNYRookie
04-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I counted 87 from Atlanta alone... I was hoping to get one from every team... but as the team photographer I have to spend more time camera clicking less time button picking.

melitami
04-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Ummm, over the past 6 seasons....a cardboard box that fits snugly in a milkcrate full....that is, A LOT....when I move again this summer, I plan on dedicating a wall to hang an old bedsheet with all of them on it.

Koko Ed
04-28-2005, 08:01 PM
My ultimate goal is to fill up this large section of pink insultation that runs along the top of our site with buttons. We have a hundred or so from as far back as 99 and I got alot more at the championships this year.

ahecht
04-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Pretty much every button from every team at every regional I've been to (with the exception of this year's Championship):

http://zansstuff.com/images/buttons.jpg

There may be some other knick-knacks mixed in there, but I don't have the guts (or the tetanus shots) to dig down and find out.

BaldwinNYRookie
04-28-2005, 08:18 PM
You are an inspiration! I'm keeping all my buttons in a box one of my guitars came in until I can find a better display for them... I don't want to strech out my shirts.

EricH
04-28-2005, 08:51 PM
I have no idea how big my collection is. I've been collecting buttons since around '99. At the Championship this year, I had to remove quite a stack from my shirt every night... I keep them all (along with most other team giveaways) in a shoe box in my desk, and that is almost out of space. Ouch.

The Cyborg
04-28-2005, 09:16 PM
*Prepare for a moment of intense bragging.*

Ooh! I am a sucker for knick-knacks! I have two large banners filled top to bottom with buttons, and those don't even include the extra buttons, which I have stashed away somewhere...

I have about a total of 100-200 buttons!

For the other garments, necklaces, etc. I have a Christmas tree (that's right, a CHRISTMAS TREE) where I hang all the different key chains, beads, necklaces, and other giveaways that don't have a place on the button banners! I will try to get a picture up soon!

*end moment of intense bragging*

I don't have buttons from every team that participates in FIRST, although one of my goals it to get every teams button or giveaway. It is an impossible feat for a student like me. Others have probably managed (Steve W. :p ) to get the whole stash of giveaways, plus more! I guarantee that there is a bigger collection out there than mine.

Everyone's collection is fantastic from what I see! But ahecht, why do you keep an official silver FIRST medal amongst your collection of sharp, pokey buttons :p ? It's an achievement of yours! Cherish it! :D

Pin Man
04-28-2005, 09:19 PM
I only have like 250 or so... I lost a bunch while playing disc and football and such at Championship and other Regionals... But I wear them all at the same time :) ;)

BaldwinNYRookie
04-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Of course there are bigger collections! Can you imagine how many Dean or Woodie must have?! Even they couldn't possibly have one from every team, And with more and more teams every year... !

Conor Ryan
04-28-2005, 10:02 PM
so this is what i do with my buttons. We have one avid button collector on our team whos determined to have every single button a first team ever made, so if we get any, he gets to go through them (or atleast mine) first. Then what happens is I save any funny ones (like 25's feel the power) and throw the rest to my brother who at the age of 7 already has over 170 buttons.

Quatitos
04-28-2005, 10:06 PM
This being my first year, my whole button collection comes from only 2 regionals and nationals. I only got out my nationals bag and counted about 162 buttons. Now if you take into account duplicates I probably have about 140-150 unique buttons from the championship. I didn't get near as many buttons at regionals but I am probly pushing about 200.

Daniel_H
04-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I have 56 Buttons that I collected from 2003 to now...through 3 regional events and 1 national...this year I got only 5 :(

Steve W
04-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Just over 10 pounds worth. Collected last year and this at 10 regionals and 2 Championships. I wear them on a special vest that I had made up. Someone has pictures I know because a lot of people asked to take them.

A word to the wise. Wearing all of my buttons for 8 hours gives old people back aches. Don't do it without breaks or you will be sore for days.

I am sorry that I didn't get to Galileo or Newton pit areas this year. I barely made it through Curie talking with new and old friends as I did my fact finding.

Mike Schroeder
04-28-2005, 11:03 PM
I wear them on a special vest that I had made up. Someone has pictures

AKA: the "Big Mike" Bearhug sheild (patent pending)

the_short1
04-29-2005, 12:06 PM
steve.. your my hero!. . ahha! wish you were the anouncer at Galileo, we had an awsome MC but the announcer was kinda poor.. and you did a good job at toronto :D..

anyways..this is my first year.. i went to great lakes, and toronto regionals.. i have collected about 30 total from regionals.. then over 100 from championship! see my picture ( i had a bit more then that at the end, that picture is on the second day).. i just scanned up EVERY button and small knick nack.. and i will be posting a webpage database with all the buttons, and ppl can send me theirs to add to the collection as well (if i missed theirs)..

anyways.. look for me next year at great lakes, toronto, and champs.. i will have a canada flag as a cape loaded with buttons and be shure you have your team button with you to donate :P

great topic btw

tckma
04-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Talk to "button boy 1100." That kid could one-up me any day.

I personally get about 60-70 each year. I tried to get every team at the UTC regional, and got fairly close... In Atlanta, not so much because I was busy doing mentor-type stuff and helping our programmer with the code. (okay, okay, so I also went to visit my old team one or thrice...)

Dorienne
04-29-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm completely unsure of my collection, because I keep finding random buttons in my room. So I'll have to say I possibly have 200. Maybe less, I ain't sure.

I got about 60 from Atlanta alone, and a bunch from Chesapeake this year. I separate all the stuff I get each year...I have my buttons and such in a bag from Chesapeake last year, and my Atlanta stuff in a BIG Mars bag...Yeah...

Jverdon
04-30-2005, 02:00 PM
I collect the buttons during the day, but some how I seem to lose them between the end of the day and the start of the next day. It seems the only buttons i could hold on to were my Cheesy Poofs button and my Frog Force button. "If i had a dollar for every button I had then lost, I would rich"

Jacqui
04-30-2005, 02:17 PM
I have a tapestry that is like half way covered with buttons (not this years yet) and a whole drawer full of them. Well, the drawer also has necklaces, stickers, tattoos, and little giveaways. I'd say I have a pretty penny's worth of them.

cire
04-30-2005, 07:27 PM
This year i was pretty busy driving the robot during the competitions we went too, but i got a good 35 or so, just because people would leave them all over the place in our pit and I decided that if people didnt want to wear them, id just take them :D . Currently my collection is going down every few days because i put them all on my backpack, they have been falling off at school I think. I get alot of odd remarks about my backpack too, I explain FIRST to alot more people then i used to because they ask me questions about it.

Gene F
05-02-2005, 01:11 PM
I have close to 200 I've collected over the last 5 years. I display them proudly in my office!