PDA

View Full Version : The Ruturn of the Screen Savers (ROTSS)

JoeXIII'007
04-30-2005, 09:52 AM
I just found this out within the past couple of days.
For those that enjoyed the original screen savers on TechTV, I think they're back.
Check this out. (http://www.leoville.com/blog/) It's from Leo Laporte's blog, and its obvious they already have made 2 episodes. I got to listen to a little of the first one while I had some time at school (lunch), and it sounds good and true. Comments?

Enterprize
05-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I checked the first one out a week ago, it was really cool. Reminded me of the good ol' days when TTV was TTV and all the shows I loved were still around. I'll have to listen to the others when I dont have anything else going on.

Conor Ryan
05-02-2005, 10:33 PM
yeah i hope its coming back, its like G4 bought TechTV for Xplay and thats it. I also heard at one point they were still making new episodes in Canada. But that may not be true. I really hope its coming back i love that show.

Joe Matt
05-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, I had a huge post, but it went away due to log in errors, so let me sum it up by saying G4 never had their eyes on any TechTV properties, instead just the TV sets the channel plugs into. Getting X-Play was a plus, and the former TSS and Unscrewed was kept around longer than a month because they could get bands, guests, and in show advertisements in it that G4 wanted. Unscrewed didn't stack up, as did TSS, so G4 canned Unscrewed and redid TSS for more bands, advertisements, and guests.

Anyone actually see the last episode of Unscrewed? Opening monologue was all potshots at G4.

The new ROTSS name is TWIT - This Week In Tech, as TSS is copyright G4 Media, Inc.

EddieMcD
05-04-2005, 07:58 PM
I haven't listened to the new episodes, but from what I hear, you have to; they're that good.

Well, I had a huge post, but it went away due to log in errors, so let me sum it up by saying G4 never had their eyes on any TechTV properties, instead just the TV sets the channel plugs into. Getting X-Play was a plus, and the former TSS and Unscrewed was kept around longer than a month because they could get bands, guests, and in show advertisements in it that G4 wanted. Unscrewed didn't stack up, as did TSS, so G4 canned Unscrewed and redid TSS for more bands, advertisements, and guests.

Precisely. Comcast owns G4. G4 wasn't on too many carriers (in fact, some Comcast carriers didn't even have G4). TechTV was. Comcast buys TevhTV. All of a sudden, G4 is on a lot more carriers, without actually having to use any of the TechTV programming. It's actually smart business sense (lousy capitalism...).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It's sad when the only good gaming show on the gaming network originally came from the tech network (yeah, I still catch X-Play from time to time).

The new ROTSS name is TWIT - This Week In Tech, as TSS is copyright G4 Media, Inc.

ROTSS: Revenge Of The <bleep> :p

Heretic121
05-05-2005, 12:25 PM
So TSS is back!?!? on G4!?!? =X... times!!! give me times so i can tivo!!! :D

Adam Richards
05-05-2005, 04:06 PM
So TSS is back!?!? on G4!?!? =X... times!!! give me times so i can tivo!!! :D

Nonono... it's a podcast...

BreakDancingCow
05-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Isn't the Screen Savers now just Attack of the Show with minor changes?

Conor Ryan
05-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Isn't the Screen Savers now just Attack of the Show with minor changes?

Yeah it is, actually they have some people still on the current G4 owned show that were on AOTS.

I just checked the site too g4tv.com/screensavers/index.html (http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/index.html) no sign of new episodes there but we can check back for more, so there is still hope.

And yes Leo, does do weekly podcasts that have to deal with similar topics from the hey-day of TSS.

whakojacko
05-11-2005, 04:30 PM
i loved old techtv and tss, i was a guest on the show (since they recorded it in SF) and they cooked burgers and gave us t-shirts. good times....i have now totally stopped watching g4techtv, too bad g4 had to ruin it.

gobeavs
08-24-2005, 01:47 AM
Do people still listen to TWiT?

I think the last two episodes have been the best of the whole series :D...John C. is the greatest (note the new avatar).

Joe Matt
08-24-2005, 10:12 AM
I am still listening to it, and have been from the first episode!

JoeXIII'007
08-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Do people still listen to TWiT?

Yes, they do. They do in great numbers. In fact, I believe they're in the top 5 podcasts on both podcast alley and iTunes. Proof that it will not be going away anytime quick. Also, they're going to be doing the shows live in front of an audience at an Apple Store and then many times at some restaurant. Just goto their site (in my signature under TWiT) to get more info.

gobeavs
08-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Yes, they do. They do in great numbers. In fact, I believe they're in the top 5 podcasts on both podcast alley and iTunes. Proof that it will not be going away anytime quick. Also, they're going to be doing the shows live in front of an audience at an Apple Store and then many times at some restaurant. Just goto their site (in my signature under TWiT) to get more info.
Yeah, I have listened to every episode.

Can't wait to see a videocast...hopefully they get that set up when they start doing the live shows.