PDA

View Full Version : A few things

RebAl
04-18-2002, 05:45 PM
A few things that I would like to see,

when you log in there should be a choice to stay logged in all the time or just untill you close the browser, had problems with my name being on like 7 comps at school: D

also when you insert something such as a url or smiely it goes to the bottom of the message, cant it go where the cursor is (probally a hard thing to do)

Great job with this site, we dont know what we would do without this kind of info sharing
THANKS!! :)

Brandon Martus
04-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by RebAl
when you log in there should be a choice to stay logged in all the time or just untill you close the browser, had problems with my name being on like 7 comps at school: D

I believe you can set this in your preferences. 'Browse by session or by cookie" or something to that effect

also when you insert something such as a url or smiely it goes to the bottom of the message, cant it go where the cursor is (probally a hard thing to do)

Not exactly sure if thats possible. I hate the fact that it goes to the bottom also.. I'll look into it later.

Great job with this site, we dont know what we would do without this kind of info sharing
THANKS!! :)

Thanks. Wouldn't be the same without all the great people contributing.

Joe Ross
04-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by RebAl

Another forum that I frequent that uses different software has the same problem. They say that it isn't possible while still using browser independent code.

Edit: This was the author of the forum software, not just the administrator of the forum. Otherwise, I wouldn't be as likely to believe it.

The way I have my settings is that I do not automatically login in but I do browse the board with cookies (options 2 & 3 in the options page). This works fine when I use it on the computers at school. The only problem seems to be that the chat function requires you to be automatically logged in.