PDA

View Full Version : What division will win Nationals?

Kyle Hill
04-20-2002, 04:30 PM
Let's settle this argument... well, at least until a week from now when we actually do on Einstein field in Disney World.

Which division do you think will field the team that will win the National Championship?

purplehaze357
04-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Although by statistics Curie is the second strongest divsion i think the winner is going to come out of this division...and its not just because my team is out of that division either *grin*....but if you look at the teams in this didvion you will find teams that are more consistent which is more imporant than anyhthing and we have one of the most consistent ball collection machines so you are going to see a dominant allince with a consistently strong goal control bot with a ball collection machine (i.e. team 60, 157(ball colloection), 357 :) , 237, etc.)

this is my prediction..and im the only person as of yet to vote Curie....like i said its not because im in that division

Jeff Rodriguez
04-20-2002, 06:39 PM
basicly im supporting my own division. But Newton has some gret robots in it. 173:D, 365, 71, 384, 175. Newton dominates the 3 goal grabber category. And if a robot can grab three goals and hold them in its zone every time, than there is no way to lose. I know that probly wont happen but there are also some really good ball bots. 173:D , and 175 can but alot of balls in the goal very quickly. and 173:D can push with the best of 'em. Just tootin my own horn

Chubtoad
04-20-2002, 07:06 PM
I would defintly guess that Newton shall win, because as Ogre stated, we have several 3 goal bots, although I saw them defeated at VCU, and we have some very tough bots. Not to make this a shot at RAGE at all, but if 716 didn't break down half way through the first semi-final match, I belive it would have been a VERY close call to who would have won. 173 is a very tough bot, as well are we(271) and Buzz is a great ball getter and I just can't wait, cause its going to be a very close Division!

JVN
04-20-2002, 07:13 PM
Newton is GOLD colored... so maybe they'll bring home the gold?

It seems as plausible as any reason for picking the winner this early!:p

Jeff Rodriguez
04-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Chubtoad
I would defintly guess that Newton shall win, because as Ogre stated, we have several 3 goal bots, although I saw them defeated at VCU, and we have some very tough bots. Not to make this a shot at RAGE at all, but if 716 didn't break down half way through the first semi-final match, I belive it would have been a VERY close call to who would have won. 173 is a very tough bot, as well are we(271) and Buzz is a great ball getter and I just can't wait, cause its going to be a very close Division!
You are absolutly rigth, i forgot about 716 they can push almost anyone around. We got into a good match with them and barely came out victorious

Ricksta
04-21-2002, 07:07 PM
archimedes is mainly ball bots so they will win. period.

D.J. Fluck
04-21-2002, 07:47 PM
Why even bother to have this thread, all answers are biast anyway, unless you don't have faith in your own team...