PDA

View Full Version : **FIRST EMAIL**/2005 FIRST Scholarship Recipients List Now Available!

Billfred
06-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Hello. This is an important announcement for all FIRST Robotics Competition teams. Please share this information with the rest of your team in a timely manner. If you think that other members of your team would also like to receive these announcements, please encourage them to sign up at http://listserv.leapit.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?join=frcpublic.

If you would like to stop receiving these messages, please see the bottom of this message for instructions.
__________________________________________________ ____

Greetings Teams!

We are pleased to announce that the 2005 FIRST Scholarship Recipients are now posted on our web site. You can access the list at http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/2005/scholarship_recp.htm To date, 154 students have received scholarships from 37 universities/colleges, associations, and companies. This is close to a 50% increase from last year's number of 103 with the same number of scholarship donors reporting.

Congratulations to all of those who received a FIRST Scholarship this year. We hope it will provide further incentive for you to develop the skills and knowledge you gained from the FIRST Robotics Competition program.

There are still 19 schools that have not informed us of their scholarship recipients due to later application deadlines, so check our web site later in the summer for additions to the list. Also, some scholarships went unclaimed because of a lack of applicants, applicants who didn't meet minimum requirements, and other issues.

For those of you entering your senior year, please check out our 2005 Scholarship Summary page on the FIRST web site (http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/2005/scholarshipsummary.htm). This will give you ideas of the different schools that offer FIRST scholarships and their application requirements. We hope more students will apply next year for scholarships. Remember, schools offer these scholarships because they want FIRST participants!

We continue to get additional schools interested in offering scholarships to students who participate in the FRC program. This proves how valuable the FIRST Robotics Competition experience is for developing high school students' technical and scientific knowledge, communication skills and academic performance.

Have a great summer!

Go Teams! __________________________________________________ ____

Conor Ryan
06-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Congratulations to everyone that received a scholarship, and good luck next year.

Freddy Schurr
06-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Way to go to everyone that receive a scholarship. It just shows that you are F.I.R.S.T driven.

Congratulations to our team member Jeffery Null on receiving a 10,000 scholarship to Florida Institute of Technology. On behalf of all the team members and mentor, we are proud of what Jeff has accomplish this year for the team and it was only deserving that he receive a scholarship.

GO JEFF!!!!

tiffany34990
06-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Congrats to all....you all I'm sure deserve this money and recognition

Congrats to my fellow S.P.A.M.mers receiving money for FIT...

Great job everyone!

Joe Matt
06-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Congradulations on everyone who won a scholarship! I hope you guys keep your grades up to keep the schoarship! :)

Billfred
06-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Congrats to everyone who earned their scholarships. Only two questions remain...

1) What does NA under team number mean?
2) Who's getting the scholarship to the University of South Carolina? I'd love to meet that person.

Kyle Love
06-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Billfred: I would guess the NA just means not applicable.

I do have an update on the Purdue scholarship...Austin Butler from 45 won the 7500/yr scholarship. So I heard, Arianna the original winner, did not want to go to Purdue.

Never-the-less, CONGRATS to ALL the winner! :)

Adrienne E.
06-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Congrats too all the winners, and a special shout out to all the Clarkson Scholarship Winners! I can't wait to see you all on 229 next year :)