PDA

View Full Version : [SCRRF]: 2005 Fall Classic Date and Location?

sanddrag
07-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Any word on when and where it will be? Thanks.

sanddrag
08-04-2005, 02:59 AM
I know it is still probably a couple months away (if it is happening) but it would be good to know when and where it will be. Does anyone have the information?

DCA Fan
08-05-2005, 04:45 AM
I haven't gotten any information on anything coming up from SCRRF, seems a bit quiet over there. I'm going to assume that it's once again at Chatsworth HS during October, but I'll email Wendy or Nancy to check.

ali_rockon22
08-05-2005, 05:58 AM
I don't now about the dates or anything but I can tell you for sure that it will not be at Chatsworth becuase Chatsworth is not part of Team 22 anymore.

sanddrag
08-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I haven't gotten any information on anything coming up from SCRRF, seems a bit quiet over there. I'm going to assume that it's once again at Chatsworth HS during October, but I'll email Wendy or Nancy to check.Hey George, do you guys have any space to have it? If it was down there I bet we'd get San Diego teams.

Daniel Brim
08-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey George, do you guys have any space to have it? If it was down there I bet we'd get San Diego teams.Well, George has graduated. It would be very tricky to have it here, but I suppose I can speak with the administration here (my mom is a teacher so it should be easier). It would be hard to arrange around sports and such, and it would most likely need to be a weekend. But I won't draw any conclusions until I speak with the administrators.

DCA Fan
08-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Some students on 294's other school (Mira Costa) have been looking to host a competition, but they do not have a full field. I'll talk to them and the administration (I'm friends with the superintendant, it helps) and see what happens.

raf4far
08-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Team 22 can host it at Birmingham HS. We have all the carpet and players stations and the goals and tetras. So we could hold it at Birmingham HS.

ChrisH
08-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Team 22 can host it at Birmingham HS. We have all the carpet and players stations and the goals and tetras. So we could hold it at Birmingham HS.

Rafi,

Do you know what the scheduled date is? and if the building has been reserved for that date? That is the important thing right now, to secure a location and publish the date. I know SCRRF had tentatively scheduled a date, but I don't know if the reservations had been secured. Ms. Wooten was handling that and she has been rather out of touch recently. I have been e-mailing and leaving messages weekly for the past month and gotten no response.

ChrisH

Christina
08-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey. Now that I have moved to the West Coast...can I join SCRRF? Or do I have to be extra special or jump through hoops lit on fire? Let me know. :-)

DCA Fan
08-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Hey. Now that I have moved to the West Coast...can I join SCRRF? Or do I have to be extra special or jump through hoops lit on fire? Let me know. :-)
Since you're in San Diego, you would be closer to Team San Diego. Talk to Rob Mainairi from 812 for more information.

Jeff K.
08-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I haven't gotten any information on anything coming up from SCRRF, seems a bit quiet over there. I'm going to assume that it's once again at Chatsworth HS during October, but I'll email Wendy or Nancy to check.

Nancy is our moderator/mentor/my biology teacher last year. :D She's really cool, I just sent her an email with that question, so I'm just going to wait for her to respond. But I have heard some rumors about it possibly being held at CSUN. But that's just what I've heard, CSUN would be a larger venue than Chatsworth. But then again, it may just be totally wrong...

DCA Fan
08-08-2005, 03:01 PM
CSUN was a venue used one year for the Fall Classic, which was larger but didn't really make that much of a difference, the pits were in a hallway in front of the gym. One plus is that we don't have the infamous LAUSD Orange lights. Some members of 294 have been contacting school officials to see if they'd be willing to hold the Fall Classic.

Jeff K.
08-08-2005, 10:22 PM
It might be at CSUN on either October 2, 22, or the 29. It's still up in the air.

But the workshop is set on November 12 and it will take place at CSUN, like the last few years.

DCA Fan
08-09-2005, 03:53 AM
Wendy just passed down information saying that it would be at Birmingham HS, hosted by Team 22, but the date is undetermined yet so not to conflict with Cal Games.

ChrisH
08-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Wendy just passed down information saying that it would be at Birmingham HS, hosted by Team 22, but the date is undetermined yet so not to conflict with Cal Games.

Since the fate of Cal Games is as yet undetermined, it might be wise for the Fall Classic to set a date and let our brethren to the north work around us. The BeachBots sure hope the gang up north can pull off the Cal Games, we plan to attend if at all possible, but last I heard things did not look good.

Cal Games would be our 3rd "local" off season. The others would be San Diego and the Classic. Here in the West if driving is feasible, it's local, even if the drive is eight hours. ;) This is one case where more certainly is better.

So just how did you get in touch with Wendy?

DCA Fan
08-09-2005, 05:59 PM
One of 294's students (Greg, aka halfgeek) emailed her and she responded. I agree, I think it would be best that we set a date first. But I'd also want to have more teams involved in the hosting of the event, that's why I was sort of pushing for another team to offer to host the event.

ChrisH
08-09-2005, 06:30 PM
One of 294's students (Greg, aka halfgeek) emailed her and she responded. I agree, I think it would be best that we set a date first. But I'd also want to have more teams involved in the hosting of the event, that's why I was sort of pushing for another team to offer to host the event.

Personally, I think that for the good of the region, it would be best for somebody other than 22 to host the Fall Classic. If nothing else, then those who aren't helping now will understand just how much effort a quality off-season really is. It would encourage some of the other teams to step up a little more. Not that I think that is a problem for 294. You guys have always stepped in when a clear request was made. I was thinking of some of our lesser known teams.

However, things for this year were set in motion back in November. So let's just go with what has been set-up for now. Getting everyboy together to change things at this point would be difficult, so I think full speed ahead is in order, at least until somebody spots an iceberg. It wouldn't hurt to have you guys as a backup plan. Keep looking in to availability just in case.

If you really want to host an event you might also want to consider doing a pre-ship scrimmage. I think that for a preship to be effective you need a few less teams than we have had at 22's for the past couple of years. I think we have enough teams down our way that we could pull one off now without adversely effecting 22's. Or maybe have one Sat. and the other Sun. so really with-it teams could do both. Or maybe we can just give 22 a break. In past years thay have been so busy getting ready for the scrimmage they weren't able to complete their robot in time to compete. I'd like to see that change.

I'd really like to have a off-season or scrimmage in the South Bay. While BeachBots don't have access to a suitable facility, most of the teams in our area do, and we are willing to help. It would be a little closer to the southern teams like Team San Diego, Whitney, Anahiem, Woodbridge and CREATE. that may be helpful in getting them to come out and play.

enough dreaming, back to work

half geek
08-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Chris,
I agree it might be nice to host an event in this area. Let's stay in touch and see what we can do for next year!

As for this season, Wendy said the date for the Cal games should be determined this week. I'll let everyone know if I get more information.

ChrisH
09-02-2005, 09:35 PM
For all you who might not have heard, the Fall Classic will be Saturday, Oct 15 at Birmingham High. More details to follow as I get them, but that much is straight from the mighty Wendy.

I will post details in the Off-Season Thread when I can answer all the questions.

ChrisH