PDA

View Full Version : [OCCRA]: Goaltending

psquared89
09-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Question: At kickoff, the game committee had a discrepancy about whether you were allowed to goaltend the rails. They said they would meet after the meeting and then post the answer here. I could not find it anywhere so my question is: are you allowed to goaltend the rails?

-- Main.PatPannuto - 11 Sep 2005

Mike Martus
09-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Question: At kickoff, the game committee had a discrepancy about whether you were allowed to goaltend the rails. They said they would meet after the meeting and then post the answer here. I could not find it anywhere so my question is: are you allowed to goaltend the rails?

-- Main.PatPannuto - 11 Sep 2005

Official Answer:
Mike McIntyre will be sending a e-mail in what is called Update #1 to all team leaders. In addition once that is sent out I will post in this thread the official wording as to that question about goal tending the rails.

Mike Martus
09-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Official Answer:
Mike McIntyre will be sending a e-mail in what is called Update #1 to all team leaders. In addition once that is sent out I will post in this thread the official wording as to that question about goal tending the rails.\

Here is the OFFICIAL ANSWER:

"A robot may not attempt to block an opponent from placing balls in scoring position by covering the opening at the top of the scoring tower ("goaltending"). Goaltending is likewise not allowed by coming in between the pipes below the rim of the scoring tower. Robots may attempt to block an opponent from scoring on the horizontal scoring racks but no device may be used that covers an opponent's horizontal scoring rack. A robot may attempt to steal or push a ball from an opponent at any time".