PDA

View Full Version : FLL means to me... / FLL is...

Ian Curtis
11-14-2005, 02:28 PM
For a school project I am doing a video of a local lego tournament this coming weekend. I don't want it to be merely an action video becuase there simply isn't the interaction on an FLL field that there is on an FRC field. So I want to really explain what FLL is besides "you build a robot out of legos and program it and it goes around on a table doing stuff". Also I know that there are plenty of FLL-ers (mentors and coaches) on these forums. So how would you describe FLL and what do you think its benefits are? Also if you could describe FLL in one word what would it be (besides fun)?

JoeXIII'007
11-14-2005, 06:44 PM
For a school project I am doing a video of a local lego tournament this coming weekend. I don't want it to be merely an action video becuase there simply isn't the interaction on an FLL field that there is on an FRC field. So I want to really explain what FLL is besides "you build a robot out of legos and program it and it goes around on a table doing stuff". Also I know that there are plenty of FLL-ers (mentors and coaches) on these forums. So how would you describe FLL and what do you think its benefits are? Also if you could describe FLL in one word what would it be (besides fun)?

The FLL is the 2nd best product that FIRST has to offer, with the FRC League above it. It is probably one of the most fun organizations to be a part of (that is, if you are either A. a LEGO junkie, or B. a proud young nerd/geek looking for something to do).

The benefits are four fold: providing young minds with something to do and think critically about, providing a once or more in a lifetime experience, providing a challenge to young minds that is not only hard but fun at the same time, and provides FRC teams with possible future members.

FLL in 1 word: awesome
in 2: life changing

Hope that will help. :cool:

-Joe
Team 66 and mentor of FLL team 2837

Arefin Bari
11-15-2005, 09:36 AM
How would you describe FLL and what do you think its benefits are?

FLL is the first generation of FIRST. FLL kids have no idea what’s coming to them until they meet someone from FIRST or they see a FIRST robot running around. FLL gives the elementary and middle school kids hope to go to the next level.

The kids start to understand the meaning of engineering; they get excited and come up with ideas. It helps the kid learn more and more each day.

Also if you could describe FLL in one word what would it be (besides fun)?

Creative.

tiffany34990
11-15-2005, 01:54 PM
How would you describe FLL and what do you think its benefits are?

FLL opens younger students' minds at a young age. They can have their heros at a young age that isn't a sports or music star. FLL always high school, and college students and adults to be their heros.
They can play with a toy they love and have a challenge. It's not just about getting pieces in a set and putting it together but now a new "world" is open to them. They learn about engineering concepts from the start with coming up with a design, building and testing. It is also an experience that allows them to interactive with other students and lets them research a topic most likely not faced in the classroom.

Also if you could describe FLL in one word what would it be (besides fun)?

enriching