PDA

View Full Version : Question on Starting Zone

MattD1Drift
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Hey all, I'm new here, and after reading the rules, I would like to know, can each team on an alliance choose which box they which to start in?

Conor Ryan
01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
You may want to search next time, check here (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41352) it's been discussed a bit

Yeap, you get to work it out with your alliance, just make sure your in a Red Box if your Red or Blue if your Blue. (Make sure you talk about your autonomous mode with your alliance mates.

Lil' Lavery
01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Like last years game I beleive, it is allowed that the alliance choses which of the 3 starting locations goes to which robot.

dhitchco
01-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Part of the whole alliance selection and scouting task your team will need to do is to determine optimal starting positions.

Yes, your three 'bots can start from any one of the three boxes.

Just think about what might happen if your chosen best "offensive" bot was in the box closest to your driving stations......you'd get a cross-over situation at the beginning of the game.

BUT......you also must consider what the robots will potentially be able to do in autonomous mode. Again, you don't want to be "tripping" all over each other.

So, there's a lot to think about besides the robot itself.