PDA

View Full Version : pic: TechnoKat Teaser #1

Nick Bailey
01-17-2006, 10:23 PM
[cdm-description=photo]22516[/cdm-description]

phrontist
01-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Wow, that's an absurdly large tube! We're talking about 7" balls right?!

I'm a programmer, so I may be off base here, but why would you ever need a roller that big to (presumably) pick up such small balls? Aren't you only increasing the mass of the cylinder you'll have to spin up... and keep under the weight limit?

We're currently planning on two much smaller rollers... is there something we're missing?

Or perhaps this will be mounted in the center of a fixed radius curve... and you need the surface area... but man, that's still huge.

Greg Perkins
01-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Not really, 45 (I assume) is not gonna shoot one ball at a time...i believe with a big roller you can get more balls to shoot out, thus scoring faster. pretty ingenious

dubious elise
01-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Personally, I'm rather disappointed. Where is El Jorge? :yikes:

Tom Bottiglieri
01-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Well lets see...

The chain is coming from the bottom. This either signifies this mechanism will be mounted high, or on its side. The big roller extends past the frame that holds it, so I doubt this will be mounted in the "on its side" position.

So, I am assuming this will not be a ball gatherer, as Team 45 has shown a particular skill for doing in the past.

Shoot away, boys.

tkwetzel
01-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Well lets see...

The chain is coming from the bottom. This either signifies this mechanism will be mounted high, or on its side. The big roller extends past the frame that holds it, so I doubt this will be mounted in the "on its side" position.

So, I am assuming this will not be a ball gatherer, as Team 45 has shown a particular skill for doing in the past.

Shoot away, boys.

The chain may be coming from the bottom in the picture, but I believe that it is not in the orientation is will be in whne on the robot. I believe that it is in the current orientation to make it easier to work on certain parts of it.

Tom Bottiglieri
01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
The chain may be coming from the bottom in the picture, but I believe that it is not in the orientation is will be in whne on the robot. I believe that it is in the current orientation to make it easier to work on certain parts of it.
Ahh.

I see it.

;)

KyleGilbert45
01-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm excited to see this first teaser and I'm really hoping that there are many more to come. Can I give myself credit for starting the Technokat teasers with this horrible photoshopped picture from 2002 (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=1965&direction=DESC&sort=date&perrow=4&trows=3&quiet=Verbose) ? What was I thinking when I made that.......

Cory
01-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Not really, 45 (I assume) is not gonna shoot one ball at a time...i believe with a big roller you can get more balls to shoot out, thus scoring faster. pretty ingenious

The only problem with this is that it makes it way harder to aim, as you're trying to fit more balls into the same sized hole. In addition, it's probably very likely that if you were shooting multiple balls at once, they'd hit each other in flight, or as they came out of the shooter.

Looks like a pickup device to me.

Jon K.
01-18-2006, 12:18 AM

Either pickup or even a spitting device to roll the one pointers in.

MattB703
01-18-2006, 07:20 AM
The only problem with this is that it makes it way harder to aim, as you're trying to fit more balls into the same sized hole. In addition, it's probably very likely that if you were shooting multiple balls at once, they'd hit each other in flight, or as they came out of the shooter.

Maybe not, if you are only 10" away from the big hole?

phrontist
01-18-2006, 08:22 AM
I'll eat portions of my hat if that's a shooter!

Stu Bloom
01-18-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll eat portions of my hat if that's a shooter!I hope you're hungry ;)

I say the side pieces clamped on with c-clamps are adjustable to experiment with different trajectories and/or amount of squeeze. This type of launcher would work perfectly to "lob" balls into the center goal while sitting on the platform, or perhaps right in front of it.

Nick Bailey
01-18-2006, 11:03 AM
http://www.technokats.org/movies/teaser%201.wmv

a video, for your viewing pleasure

(and start eating, it's a shooter)

Greg Ross
01-18-2006, 01:45 PM
http://www.technokats.org/movies/teaser%201.wmv

a video, for your viewing pleasure

(and start eating, it's a shooter)
It's a ball scatterer for putting balls into play on the floor. (If a few go into the goal, it's no big deal. ;))

scott
01-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Well done! I must say Kyle, I like it alot! Perhaps a :ahh: 447 :ahh: teaser coming soon?

Tom Bottiglieri
01-18-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm glad to see the T-Kats will be using my original strategy this year.

:cool:

Greg Perkins
01-18-2006, 02:35 PM
AHA SO I WAS RIGHT!!!!!

Jay Trzaskos
01-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Looking great guys, is that 4 balls at once?

So on a completely unrelated note, I am definitley in need of a video tour of your shop, that place is huge. Like RhodeWarriors huge. That's crazy.

Well good luck, doesn't look like you need it though. :p

JT

Kyle Love
01-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Hmmm....some say we aim for the stars...or is it...we aim for the bottom of a canyon? Man, I confused myself...with my own teaser!

Nick Bailey
01-18-2006, 05:52 PM
the best part about our shop, that's not even all of it, behind the picture there is storage and a full size playing field! :D

Dan Richardson
01-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Huge shop, that is a similar concept that team 1902 was shooting for this year, hope it comes out half as well, I'd love to know whats driving it super cim? cim? custom transmission, or direct drive off the motor??

gahh tell me more!

On an unrelated note I'm not sure what was more entertaining the ball shooter, or the 2 people trying to push each other on the wagon in the background.