PDA

View Full Version : Easy C

redragon226
01-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey Y'all! I'm the new programmer on my team (1412) and while I'm figuring out C, my team has brought up this supposedly easier program called "Easy C." I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it and could direct me to some tutorials or walk throughs or SOMETHING!! Gaah! I've got 30 days :yikes: Please and Thankyou!

Beth Sweet
01-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Your team main contact should have recieved an email from FIRST telling him/her how to access Easy C. Talk to him/her regarding it.

Francis-134
01-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Also, you may want to check out the easyC forum located here (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153).

aaeamdar
01-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't want to discourage you from exploring it, but depending on your level of confortability with programming, this may not be the best thing for you.

Every time you make something easier to use (assuming it was originally well designed) you are giving up some functionality. If you are really a complete novice to computer programming, a visual solution /might/ be best for you.

Good luck!

jkoci
01-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I don't want to discourage you from exploring it, but depending on your level of confortability with programming, this may not be the best thing for you.

Every time you make something easier to use (assuming it was originally well designed) you are giving up some functionality. If you are really a complete novice to computer programming, a visual solution /might/ be best for you.

Good luck!

i found this true during the FVC season. the only thing that i found helpful was the fact that it had a visual organizer. this allows you to easily troubleshoot and check for errors. if you have had any experience with c, c++, or visual basic, you will find a huge difference. there is no typing needed unless you are naming variables or entering user code. if you are new to the c programming language, then this might help you out. otherwise just stick to the normal program.

redragon226
01-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Ya see, the problem with that is that i am familiar with the "C" language but I'm not that advanced, so I'm afraid there's no way around it. If we want autonomous this year, I'll have to use this "EasyC" thing. :eek: GAAH!! I am freaking out here and the other programmer failed to show up for many of the meetings. This is a major disstress signal here!! You can IM me on XAngelofMusic2X (yes I'm a Phantom fan) or e-mail me at Dragongoddess564@gmail.com. To quote Milla Jovovich in "The Fifth Element" "Pleaaase Heeelllp!"

redragon226
01-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok... so where's the link? If your suggesting a visual, tell me where to find one! You can contact me by e-mail at Dragongoddess564@gmail.com or by IM by XAngelofMusic2X (on AOL) Thanks! :D

venvox
01-28-2006, 04:00 PM
does anyone know wherer i can download easy c from? is it on the USFIRST website? :ahh:

Beth Sweet
01-28-2006, 04:56 PM
does anyone know wherer i can download easy c from? is it on the USFIRST website? :ahh:

Please read the other posts in this thread where I said

Your team main contact should have recieved an email from FIRST telling him/her how to access Easy C. Talk to him/her regarding it.