PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl 2006 baby!

CourtneyB
01-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Whos going to win?? What do you think the final score is going to be?
I think the final score will be Pittsburg 31, Seattle 28.

-Court-

Ian Curtis
01-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Pittsburg. Despite some bad luck, and terrible calls, they beat the "team of fate" the Indianapolis Colts. They came from the last seed, to the Super Bowl.

Final Score: 24 to 17, Pittsburg. The final seven points coming from an interception that becomes a touchdown.

Bill Moore
01-29-2006, 11:13 PM
The only good thing about the Super Bowl (in any year), is that engineering competitions are not far behind. Teams will be in the pits working on their machines, tweaking them to be their finest, and running them in competitions to be the number one seed.

Yes, NASCAR is a beauty to behold. :D

OH! You thought I meant robotics? :ahh:

Well FRC Competitions are beauties also! ;)

Arkorobotics
01-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Robotics is better than Football.

Robotics > Football
!!!

Cory
01-30-2006, 02:04 AM

Robotics > Football
!!!

That statement is extremely debatable.

Koko Ed
01-30-2006, 04:46 AM
That statement is extremely debatable.
Ditto that!
Pittsburgh will roll over the Seahawks who would not have survived the road Pittsbugh took to get to the Superbowl. Remember the Seahawks don't have deep threats at reciever so there is not much about the Seattle passing game. Shaun Alexnader is the biggest threat obviuously and the Hawks need 150 yards and at lest 2 TDS from him to win and Pittsbugh will limit him to 75 yards.
Big Ben will play an efficient game throwing fr 150 yards and on or two touchdowns and the three Steeler backs will total 160 + yards of offense with two short touchdown runs by Bettis.
Steelers win 28 -10.

brycedontcare
01-30-2006, 08:10 PM
i think the steelers will win but it will be a nail bitter

final score steelers 24-21

santosh
01-30-2006, 08:53 PM
That whole respect issue the Seahawks are fightin for will definately push even harder than ever before. I think tehy are going to put up a tremendous fight. I think there is a chance that they might pull an upset but I am thinking that the Steelers are more likely to win it.

KenWittlief
01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
what are superbowl commercials selling for this year? $2M per minute?

I think Fox network has already won! The rest is just entertainment :^)

KelliV
01-31-2006, 08:32 AM

Definately! I have been cheerleading for football since I was 7 and 11 years later I have yet to watch an entire game...
But...
Seeing as da Bears are out I have to side with my family with the Steelers.
Go Steelers!

Jeff Rodriguez
01-31-2006, 08:44 AM
17-10, Steel Workers.

xzvrw2
01-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I love robotics but football will always have a place in my heart. haha
I don't know who I want to win.
I'm an NFC fan but I love the Steelers.
I don't know.
I'm so confused.

CourtneyB
01-31-2006, 09:21 AM
I loveeee robotics. Robotics is so awsome. But robotics being better than football is very debateable. Football is like a religion. Ya gotta love it.

-Court-

Jared Russell
01-31-2006, 09:45 AM
I wish I knew a Seahawk fan so I could trash talk to them, but I don't think there are any :p

Jeff Rodriguez
02-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Actual Score 21-10 Steelers.
Nobody guessed correctly.

Kyle A
02-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah Steelers won!!!!!!!!!! :)

Koko Ed
02-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Actual Score 21-10 Steelers.
Nobody guessed correctly.
SO I was one touchdown short.... :rolleyes:

Zoheb N
02-05-2006, 09:57 PM
OOOHHH YEAH STEELERS ALL THE WAY

Bemis
02-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah Steelers!

xzvrw2
02-06-2006, 01:33 PM
I think that the refs were paid off by the NFL to give the game to Pittsburgh
The pass interference TD
The TD that wasn't
The holding that wasn't that would have put Seattle on the one year line
the chop black that was called on Hasselbeck that shouldn't have been called because he was on defence and was tackling.
I was surprised that they overturned that one call that they did....the Hasselbeck fumble that Larry Foote had a hand on him.
There should be something done about these refs.
I seen it all year.....The lions-Bucs game.....The Pollard TD that they didn't overturn (which they should have)
They have been horrible this year.
well I'm going to stop ranting about the refs
it was a bad game
wasn't very fun to watch
other then some of those hits that got put on people
<3(this is from the other super bowl thread that i seen)

EddieMcD
02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
The officiating wasn't that bad. The only plays I have a real problem with were the low block called on Hasselbeck (how can one be called for a low block on a team that due to the posession change was now on defense?) and Hasselbeck's not-fumble (he so fumbled). The Roethlisberger TD was questionable, but the procedure followed by the refs on that one was by the book. The line judge made a judgement call (remember, he doesn't have the benefit of multiple angles and replays, he has to do it live at full speed), and there wasn't enough on the replay to overturn it (remember, to overturn, it has to be incontrovertable in the other direction; that play wasn't). The offensive pass interference in the end zone was the right call (his arm was fully extended, and he pushed off the defender), and so was the supposed "phantom hold" (he reached around the defender to redirect; can't do that).

Also, Seattle really did underperform in that game. They had plenty of chances to put the game out of reach early, but never capitalized. And lets not forget those missed field goals. It's like the Raiders blaming the tuck rule for their playoff loss a few years ago. It was nobody's fault but the Seahawks that they lost.

Jimbo5051
02-07-2006, 07:31 PM
I am very late but I knew that the Steelers were going to win. Think about it 5 Superbowl wins for the Steelers, 0 for the Seattle Seahawks.