PDA

View Full Version : pic: Top Gun Top Wheels

Rick TYler
02-04-2006, 06:45 AM
[cdm-description=photo]22742[/cdm-description]

Nitroxextreme
02-04-2006, 06:47 AM
I like the fact that one team has finally posted a picture of the skyway spokes covered up

What kind of change did this do to your range....is it really worth the weight and/or trouble?

Greg Marra
02-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Nice aerodynamic-improving side shields. I remember another team (maybe it was you guys earlier) posting about the massive drag created by those spokes. Those covers will definitely help with that!

Rick TYler
02-04-2006, 09:56 AM
In the interest of full disclosure, I'll let you know about performance improvements as soon as we get a chance to launch. The shooting prototype is not "up" right now, and the production loader/shooter is being fabricated. The wooden frame in the pic is the prototype fit-for-size non-working model. We used 1/16-inch Lexan, so the weight change was negligible. The wheel covers look cooler in person than in the picture.

geo
02-04-2006, 10:13 AM
We have the extact setup as you guys. We found out that by covering up the sides the wheels the motor "sucks" less current (the difference is like 2 or 3apms according to our measurments). So the covers is a good idea, if weight is not an issue.