PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Robot Challenge May 11

team222badbrad
05-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Hey to everyone attending

I look forward to seeing you all there. Every thing is setup and ready to go! Good luck everyone. I think this is the first un-official competition after nationals. This will also be our 5th year hosting this competition.

Brad

Quain
05-10-2002, 07:18 PM
SCORE!!! Yea... 357 is gonna rock the house... you're all goin down... graciously.. *grin* hehe

purplehaze357
05-12-2002, 01:08 PM
The Robot challenge was a blast...i had so much fun...thank u to Tunkhannock for holding sucha great competition, And thank you to Buzz(175), and Aces High(176), we had a great run to the semi-finals...

Congrats to Team 222 for scoring 141 QP points without a DQ that was top quality...

Keith Chester
05-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Finally, we were able to team up with our old friends of team 303, with our new friends team 102. once all 3 of us were together, we were literally unstoppable, showing what New Jersey is made of (all teams were from central jersey. must be all the chemicals in the air that make our bots that much stronger.)
moe- loved seeing your bot, the first time I personally saw it. interesting design and i must say, i was hoping to be in battle with or against it during the competition.
chuck (84)- we were teamed up with you in rutgers, so we know your power. however when we saw you in PA yesterday, we immeadiatly saw how much more powerful your bot was. truly a challenge to any team that goes up against it. the last two matches in the finals were a battle of the titans, the strongest of the goal pushers, and we got away barely. truly a good match.
now team 25 is looking to compete somewhere else, possibly sooner, as we begin fundraising again for yet another exciting season. this year was very productive for us, including certain "spoils" of war.

this year alone our team has brought back more trophies than the football team has in 10 years. guess who gets more attention? you guessed it... the football team. ::shakes head::

Mike Norton
05-13-2002, 09:54 AM
We put up some good pictures on our web site
http://www.valleytech.k12.ma.us/robotics/robotics_photos2002.htm

Thanks to team 222 for putting on this event.

I don't know if it was home field advantage but being #1 seed was pretty good for team 222. Great job.

I think the seeding should of gone to the most wins.

We went 6-0 and was seeded 8th.we were the only team to win all 6 matches.

sorry team 303 we did not try to give you a free ride.

to bad we never went up agaisnt MOE We would of like to have had that chance.

gniticxe
05-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Mike Norton
to bad we never went up agaisnt MOE We would of like to have had that chance.
Bring It! But we might ruin your record ;)
Look for some sort of competition hosted by team 365 in the not so distant future. I'm unsure of the details.

Keith Chester
05-13-2002, 02:01 PM
ha. let us know about that competition moe, im always looking for more competitions to go to.
also, be sure to check out the one we're hosting in november- the Brunswick Eruption.

Wayne C.
05-13-2002, 03:47 PM
ditto to Mike's sentiments-

Team 25 also was looking forward to taking a shot at the big green Moehawk. The design is truly unique! We missed them at Rutgers, were in the wrong division at Orlando and just never got the chance at Tunkhannock.

Maybe we can convince them to visit North Brunswick in November.... (hint hint)

I know they want to see how the Moehawk stacks up against Silver Scorpion ( gauntlet thrown)....

;)

WC

(Hey guys- we have nothing but admiration for all your team has accomplished in the past few years. No offense intended)

team222badbrad
05-13-2002, 04:16 PM
I would like to thank everyone for attending. It was great fun for me and the rest of my team, except for building the whole thing. It took us about a day to setup, months of planning, and a whole lot of people. It also took us about 45 minutes to totally destroy the arena lol ( I mean take it apart. It was a really sweet setup because all of the parts came in boxes and on carts. It also was really easy to put together.

I would really like to see some pictures of this event if they have any? I also think it was great to pull up into first place. (Its about time we placed first in our event and even placed first at all)

The only event we did not get into the finals was Nationals, out of 4. YAY I think thats a record too. And congradulations to teams 25, 102, and 303 in wining. It was also great to see 303 on top of team 61. lol

Brad

purplehaze357
05-13-2002, 05:04 PM
how much does it cost to rent the equiptment for the event..

purplehaze357
05-13-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by gniticxe

Bring It! But we might ruin your record ;)
Look for some sort of competition hosted by team 365 in the not so distant future. I'm unsure of the details. hmmm....inteerrresting....dont u guys have enough recognition already...lol....j/k...i know if u do my team will be there...but i know ill be afraid to enter the wonderful world of the MOEaholoics...thats me now Jester and JJ thats a different story

Christine G.
05-13-2002, 07:08 PM
I would really like to see some pictures of this event if they have any?

I had Brandon create a link for the PA Robot Challenge so go to the Picture Gallery/Off-Season Competitions/PA Robot Challenge you will see the pictures Team 61 posted of the competition.

You can also check out our website at www.valleytech.k12.ma.us/robotics then click photo gallery for even more pics.

It was also great to see 303 on top of team 61. lol

Sorry Team 303 but I just had to post the pics of your robot on top of Team 61's. They are just to cool not to show everyone.:cool:

purplehaze357
05-13-2002, 09:47 PM
I would really like to see some pictures of this event if they have any?

i know my team always takes a ton of pictures and we have tons when i am able to find them ill start postin...considering im the webmaster i should get them soon....and considering the card is in my dads computer bag its not hard for me to get them

John Larock
05-14-2002, 12:18 PM
Yet again, as the season passes from "official" FIRST competitions to "off-season" competitions, the fun increases. Unfortunately, I could not make the PA Robot Challenge. The Miracle Workerz who were in attendance had a great time. Thanks to the Tigertrons for making this possible.

Team #365 and MOEHawk are planning for the competition tour this fall. Due to resources and time, we will have to choose which fun events to attend. We will definitely attend the Wissahickon event in November. Possibly the event in New Brunswick. We are in the midst of organizing an event in October in Delaware. Although probability is high that this will happen, it has not been confirmed yet.

If this event does move forward, we will be looking forward to competing with/against teams we have not yet had the chance to dance with. Also, we have some favorite partners that we would like to see again.

To Raider Robotix - you guys are great. Will never forget RoboKong last year. I have not seen the Scorpion in action yet. Maybe this fall.

Have a great summer everyone! See you soon.

Go MOE!

Zac Louden
05-15-2002, 01:51 PM
I would like to thank team 222 for hosting the 5th annual Pennsylvania Robotics Challenge. Every team at the competition did a great job and showed plenty of gracious professionalism. A special thanks goes out to teams 84 and team 341 for all of their hard work and determination in the playoffs. Alliance number 5 was a great alliance that went to the finals and made my life easier as a first year driver. Good job to all.