PDA

View Full Version : T_Packet_Data.mx probs

Ryan O
02-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I got the camera scanning and such, the only problem is that the refinment part of the code doesn't work! The camera just turns one way until it looses the atrget. I've looked at the code and can't find any obvious flaws and thought taht maybe T_Packet is different from .my. Maybe it doesn't go neg or something? Or is there just something in Kevins code I missed? I set the pan error high so it won't need the routine, but that kills the alignment code I'm working on. Any suggestion to fix the code would be great.

Greg Ross
02-13-2006, 04:24 PM
I got the camera scanning and such, the only problem is that the refinment part of the code doesn't work! The camera just turns one way until it looses the atrget. I've looked at the code and can't find any obvious flaws and thought taht maybe T_Packet is different from .my. Maybe it doesn't go neg or something? Or is there just something in Kevins code I missed? I set the pan error high so it won't need the routine, but that kills the alignment code I'm working on. Any suggestion to fix the code would be great.
(This has been discussed in other threads, but...) You probably have your camera mounted upside down from the way Kevin's code assumes. You have (at least) two options:
Invert your camera. (Turn it upside-down.)
Change the PAN_ROTATION_SIGN_DEFAULT and TILT_ROTATION_SIGN_DEFAULT parameters in tracking.h.*

*Or, if you're using the "Bells and Whistles" version of the camera code, use the tracking menu to change them.

Ryan O
02-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Shortly after I decided to post here, I was tinkering with the code. I found by making search step equal to what it was originally equal to multiplied by negitive one, the camera operates normally

Greg Ross
02-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Shortly after I decided to post here, I was tinkering with the code. I found by making search step equal to what it was originally equal to multiplied by negitive one, the camera operates normally
That's exactly what PAN_ROTATION_SIGN_DEFAULT and TILT_ROTATION_SIGN_DEFAULT do. :)

Kevin Watson
02-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Shortly after I decided to post here, I was tinkering with the code. I found by making search step equal to what it was originally equal to multiplied by negitive one, the camera operates normallyYou should consider mounting the camera such that the tilt axis extends through the camera. You'll get better tracking performance if you do. Once you've done that, start with a fresh copy of the camera code and it should just work.

-Kevin