PDA

View Full Version : Methods of communication????

aviv
02-18-2006, 10:55 AM
What is this supposed to mean???
"Team communication methods and results"
We communicate face 2 face and maybe by phone.
What should I write here??

:ahh: :) :) :ahh:

Dan Zollman
02-18-2006, 04:12 PM
As this year is my first time working on a Chairman's Award submission, I can't say anything authoritatively...but I would say:

Write the exact answer to the question, and through the answer, show why your communication methods and results make your team the team that should win the Chairman's Award.

aviv
02-18-2006, 04:28 PM
I understood that, but i didn't understand what they meant by communcation methods.

AmyPrib
02-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I understood that, but i didn't understand what they meant by communcation methods.

Just a few examples of what it could entail. It could be anything from telephone, to daily meetings at the shop, to newsletters your team sends out to community, team, parents, sponsors, etc... It could be email, it could be demonstrations, it could be via your website, or it could be doing newspaper, tv, or radio interviews.

Anything that you do to communicate topics about your team, FIRST, etc, to community, team members, parents, sponsors, other FIRST teams, anyone who will listen, etc.. And then what are the results of those things? Did new teams start because of something you communicated? Has your team really united as a result of something? Have you gained new sponsors as a result of communications?

I don't think it is limited to purely just team communications within itself. At least, that's now how we interpret it for our Chairman's Award.
Good luck!