PDA

View Full Version : Car Suggestions

Quain
05-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Ok, as some of you may have read.. i have an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 1988... it needs work.. and I wanna experiment by doing it myself.. what do you think can be done to it. Like, i don't know too much about cars, but thats why this is a project.. I have NO idea what i can do to his car.. i don't know if anyone makes custom parts for it.. i don't know if its even WORTH doin it.. i mean, it'll be a new experience, so its worth it that way.. but.. will it just not all come together in the end.. this car could be awesome.. maybe...

DanLevin247
05-23-2002, 03:58 PM
Well, given the circumstances, I'd saw that your'e car is not a junk heap....but not worth putting sufficient work into. If possible, I'd say, find the blue book value on the car, and spring for a cheap import, which are readily available, and easy to modify

FotoPlasma
05-23-2002, 04:41 PM
I suggest you take a quick look at Wetzel's car... Even if your car is a junk heap, you'll immediately start feeling better...

hehe...

kidding... I think... :P

purplehaze357
05-23-2002, 04:44 PM
oOo i got an idea...fix the paint....then a system

Quain
05-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by DanLevin53
Well, given the circumstances, I'd saw that your'e car is not a junk heap....but not worth putting sufficient work into. If possible, I'd say, find the blue book value on the car, and spring for a cheap import, which are readily available, and easy to modify

I'd rather ride my bike then buy an import.. i prefer to keep my cars american.. (or european..)

Wetzel
05-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by FotoPlasma
I suggest you take a quick look at Wetzel's car... Even if your car is a junk heap, you'll immediately start feeling better...

hehe...

kidding... I think... :P

/me kicks FotoPlasma

I just finnished doing a tune up made slighy painful by the Haynes book having the sparkplug wires mislabled....

If you do plan on doing anything, get a Haynes or equilvalent.

For those that think the icon is Photoshoped,
http://www.invisiblerobot.com/robotics/robot_26/index/p1285132.html

Wetzel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My car is a solid car. The color scares away the cops tho...
^_^

Quain
05-23-2002, 06:58 PM
holy crap.. ur car looks like a matchbox car.. but its still really cool.. why'd u paint (or buy) it that way?

Matt Attallah
05-23-2002, 08:27 PM
No, no, no. Wetzel will feel like gold after he sees my bronco. I don't have the pics developed yet, but hopefully soon. That thing is/was/forever will be "The Beast"...

Wetzel
05-24-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Quain
holy crap.. ur car looks like a matchbox car.. but its still really cool.. why'd u paint (or buy) it that way?

Bought it like that.
bought it from a frined
She wanted a new kitchen table.
I bought them a table, she gave me her car.
^_^

Wetzel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bet you didn't know that $40 of spray paint could look so good.

Elgin Clock
05-24-2002, 04:53 PM
I remember seeing a stock volkwagen golf sold that way, I thought that's what you drove when I saw your icon but I guess not!!!

Dan 550
05-24-2002, 08:00 PM
There are like 250 1998 VW Golfs painted like the Wetzelmobile from the factory. A dude at my school has one. They were demo cars, cause VW changed all its colors that year. Crazy.