PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to be a tv host???

Adam Y.
03-06-2006, 05:01 PM
http://mauratighe.com/] Come on someone in the Boston area wants to be a host for a new engineering show on PBS. It's the same premise as FIRST but with more varied challenges. I know you want to. This is one of those jobs where someone from FIRST has to apply. I actually cotemplated applying until I realized I all ready have a job. :)

Greg Marra
03-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Sweet!

Somebody go for it!

Jay H 237
03-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Remember to take the "]" out of the link at the end and then it will work, like this http://mauratighe.com/ .
I tried it a few times before I realized the problem. ;)

Not2B
03-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Crap - I just sent my resume in. Ha!

I'm not exactly the Ryan Seacrest of robot geeks - but hey, what the heck.

I'd actually "vote" for one of the big names in FIRST like Dr. Joe or Andy Baker - who remembers the "Put Andy on Survivor" video!!

Greg Needel
03-08-2006, 12:15 PM
i actully am going to be sending my resume in. I think this would be alot of fun i wonder if they would want to hire a segway riding 20 something FIRST mentor who is deka employee. :cool:

KenWittlief
03-08-2006, 12:25 PM
"the Engineer: must have a degree in basic engineering,

be young, hip.............." <= well that kills my chances :^)

Greg Needel
03-21-2006, 09:23 AM
hahahah....I got a call back. They want me to come and do an on camera interview on thursday ( :ahh: ), i will let you all know how it goes.

Elgin Clock
03-21-2006, 09:50 AM
hahahah....I got a call back. They want me to come and do an on camera interview on thursday ( :ahh: ), i will let you all know how it goes.

HA HA HA!!! Awesome Greg. Good luck! Instead of suit and tie for the interview, you should wear a lab coat. :rolleyes:

Yeah.. I'm only semi-serious.

As for me, I would love to be on TV, but don't think I have the charisma to be a host. If you get the job Greg, I'd definitely love to be a guest though. :)

Greg Needel
03-21-2006, 10:01 AM
HA HA HA!!! Awesome Greg. Good luck! Instead of suit and tie for the interview, you should wear a lab coat. :rolleyes:

Yeah.. I'm only semi-serious.

As for me, I would love to be on TV, but don't think I have the charisma to be a host. If you get the job Greg, I'd definitely love to be a guest though. :)

actually on the phone they told me to "dress casual...it is only a kids show"

anyway i think it could be a fun way to spend the summer. and it will allow me to stop at the Boston regional the same day :D

Barry Bonzack
03-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Make sure that there will be a way we can download the show online! You should wear a different team shirt every show. Ha, bet they wouldn't allow it, but think of the sponsorhips...

Andrew Rudolph
03-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Too bad i dont live in the northeast, seeing as how i go to design school now and have been in engineering school the last 2.5 years.

Greg Marra
03-21-2006, 07:59 PM

Good luck!

Hexagram
03-22-2006, 09:07 AM
I took TV Class at my high school, it's not for me, I don't like the whole ZOMGLASTMINUTEWORKWORKWORK approach.

I'm more of a radio guy. (no I do not have a face for radio, it looked fine on tv)