PDA

View Full Version : Ketchup?


Clark Gilbert
07-31-2001, 10:33 PM
Just thought i would try to start my first poll.... here we go....lol

David Kelly
07-31-2001, 10:36 PM
right now black is my favorite. i can't wait till they come out with blue

EddieMcD
08-01-2001, 09:29 AM
I hate Ketchup.

David Kelly
08-01-2001, 10:26 AM
ketchup goes with everything, i mean everything. doesn't it CT?

Elgin Clock
08-01-2001, 11:15 AM
Where do you live that they have Black and Purple Ketchup and how long has it been out??????

I Also would like to see Blue Ketchup!!!


P.S. Know when some people make meatloaf they put ketchup in it?? My dad made it with the green ketchup and it just came out looking so nasty!!! It looked like moldm had been growing on it for a month!!! It tastes ok though!!! :D

David Kelly
08-01-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Elgin Clock
Where do you live that they have Black and Purple Ketchup and how long has it been out??????

I Also would like to see Blue Ketchup!!!


P.S. Know when some people make meatloaf they put ketchup in it?? My dad made it with the green ketchup and it just came out looking so nasty!!! It looked like moldm had been growing on it for a month!!! It tastes ok though!!! :D

it was on the news yesterday and thats where is saw it. check thier website: http://www.ezsquirt.com/ but i do't see the black ketchup on there.

EddieMcD
08-01-2001, 02:30 PM
We have the black & purple here too.

Christina
08-01-2001, 04:16 PM
Ketchup should be red. I haven't seen any other color than red and green, and I won't go near the green stuff. Tomatoes are red, so ketchup should be red as well. I mean, my favorite color is blue, but blue ketchup just isn't right.

~Christina šoš

volleygrrl234
08-01-2001, 05:19 PM
I personally think that ketchup is the greatest condiment ever invented and that it goes on everything... with the exception of MAYBE cereal... although Cheerios could use a little bit of a kick.. I haven't tried that yet tho!... I think that people need to get over the color thing because regardless of what color, it still tastes great!

Clark Gilbert
08-01-2001, 06:16 PM
Hey Christina there are green tomatoes......so shouldnt there be green ketchup? (please tell me you've seen green tomatoes)

:)

mike o'leary
08-01-2001, 08:10 PM
ok...know how different color ketchups are supposed to taste the same as the original color? is it just me or do they not?

A. Leese
08-01-2001, 08:21 PM
I guess S Florida's slow on the get-go. We just have green and red ketchup here. Oh well. I think the purple will be neat, whenever we get it. Oh, to whoever made the comment about the funky looking meatloaf..my dad did that, too..looked nasty..that and I always get strange looks when i bring sandwhich's to school with ketchup on them b/c it soaks through the bread (I use the green stuff). Oh well. :)

~Angela who's dad refuses to eat the green ketchup..says it looks like one of his science experiment's gone wrong..

David Kelly
08-02-2001, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by volleygrrl234
I personally think that ketchup is the greatest condiment ever invented and that it goes on everything... with the exception of MAYBE cereal... although Cheerios could use a little bit of a kick.. I haven't tried that yet tho!... I think that people need to get over the color thing because regardless of what color, it still tastes great!


i got some ketchup bottles for x-mas last year cause i love it so much. whenever i go to resturants whith those little ketchup bottles, i always steal them. you better not put ketchup on cheerios. that would be really nasty. What do you think it would be like if you put some ketchup on a Pecos Bill? we should try it. CT, maybe next year we can walk to Walgrees to get some ketchup. Don't you think that would be fun?

Carolyn Duncan
08-02-2001, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by mike o'leary
ok...know how different color ketchups are supposed to taste the same as the original color? is it just me or do they not?
I've got to get out of the habbit of saying this, but I agree with Mike. The Ketchup with colors other than red has food coloring and other dyes and goes through special processing to make it those other colors. If it ain't red I ain't eatin' it. I eat many things that look gross but taste good so it's not because of the looks. The only things I eat Ketchup on are burgers and hotdogs. Other than that I don't eat Ketchup, I think it's gross (no offense David I have a friend who can't get enough of the stuff, she drinks it!)

Clark Gilbert
08-02-2001, 03:03 PM
The green kind is cool cuz it will make your tongue green (or atleast it does for me)!!


:)

Carolyn Duncan
08-02-2001, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Clark Gilbert
The green kind is cool cuz it will make your tongue green (or atleast it does for me)!!
:)
That's because of all the dye they put in it.

Christina
08-02-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Clark Gilbert
Hey Christina there are green tomatoes......so shouldnt there be green ketchup? (please tell me you've seen green tomatoes)

:)

I thought if a tomatoe is green, that means it isn't ripe yet. So, I wouldn't be eating the green ones anyway. My mom grows tomatoes in her garden, so yes, I've seen them. :)

~Christina šoš

Carolyn Duncan
08-02-2001, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Christina
tomatoe
~Christina šoš
This makes Carolyn think of a news story in VA. of the Governor not being able to spell the plural of potato correctly.
Back to the topic though: My mother is a horticulturist so I too know about green tomatoes being unripe. I've always wondered about "Fried Green Tomatoes" though.

mike o'leary
08-02-2001, 06:18 PM
hmmm...ive never noticed that effect with red ketchup

volleygrrl234
08-02-2001, 06:19 PM
David.. I am so happy to know that I am not the only one who got green ketchup in their stocking on Christmas... I seriously did... and if we are walking to Walgreens again, I am wearing different shoes!

David Kelly
08-02-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Christina


I thought if a tomatoe is green, that means it isn't ripe yet. So, I wouldn't be eating the green ones anyway. My mom grows tomatoes in her garden, so yes, I've seen them. :)

~Christina šoš


ever heard of fried green tomatos? no, not the movie. yeah, that movie was funny.:D

David Kelly
08-02-2001, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by volleygrrl234
David.. I am so happy to know that I am not the only one who got green ketchup in their stocking on Christmas... I seriously did... and if we are walking to Walgreens again, I am wearing different shoes!



but it thought those blue sandals were so comfy? that wasn't very smart of you to walk down A1A with no shoes.

Carolyn Duncan
08-03-2001, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by David Kelly
ever heard of fried green tomatos? no, not the movie. yeah, that movie was funny.:D
Do people really make those? I've never know anyone who has. I don't think I'd like them very much.

volleygrrl234
08-03-2001, 04:17 PM
yes i have eaten fried green tomatoes and i have had fried pickles!!!!!

Carolyn Duncan
08-03-2001, 04:25 PM
Yummy! Is it as good as Guano? I'm being sarcastic, like Ace Ventura. Doesn't sound all that great to me.

EddieMcD
08-03-2001, 06:06 PM
Green tomatos are good. So are cherry tomatos. My mom grows them in her little garden.

Carolyn Duncan
08-03-2001, 10:13 PM
I used to eat tomatoes when I was 3 or 4. I ate them the way most people eat apples. Then one day I dropped one one the back of a freshly washed, white, show horse and stained a pink spot on it. Haven't really like tomatoes since then. The only tomato things I eat now are red Pasta sauces.

Clark Gilbert
08-03-2001, 10:15 PM
I think they are really gross unless they are in some form other than anything like ketchup or a pasta sauce which i love them in.....:D

EddieMcD
08-04-2001, 12:40 PM
I absolutely LOVE cherry tomatos.