PDA

View Full Version : **FIRST EMAIL**/ Reminder - Third Annual FIRST Robotics Conference, April 27-29 06

KathieK
03-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Greetings Teams:

Reminder: The third annual FIRST Robotics Conference will take place April 27-29, 2006 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta in conjunction with the FIRST Championship. Registration CLOSES ON Monday, April 24, so register TODAY! We will not be accepting registration on-site-- it must be completed in advance.

We're gearing up for a great conference that will provide current and prospective FRC and FLL teams, coaches, students, and mentors with the technical and non-technical information and advice they need to be the best they can be.

Some conference topics include:

Simplified Programming using easyC and WPILib for FRC and FVC
Omnidirectional Drive Systems
Tutorial on Ldraw and MLCAD Software for LEGO
The Animation Process - Ideation to Rendering
Safety FIRST
Beyond Brainstorming Or What to Do When Your Idea Fizzles
Advanced ROBOLAB for the RCX and NXT

Register yourself or a team of five (5) for one day or for all three.

Individual Team of 5

Thursday $20 $75
Friday $20 $75
Saturday Included with Thursday and/or Friday pass!
Thurs-Sat $35 $140

To see a full listing of topics or to register visit http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/2006/cmp_conference.htm . Registration closes Monday, April 24 or when slots fill, whichever comes first.

For more info about the Championship and accommodations, visit http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/2006/chevents.htm .

Questions? Send an email to firstplace@usfirst.org .

Go Teams!

Allison K
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Will the powerpoint slides and/or other notes from these presentations be available for downloading on the FIRST site?

Beth Sweet
03-30-2006, 04:27 PM
They typically are, I'm sure they will be this year too

Tom Bottiglieri
03-30-2006, 04:31 PM
This is my least favorite e-mail blast of the year. I always want to go to these, but am always too busy with the team.. :(

Andy Baker
04-21-2006, 01:34 PM
(since people are paying and registering for these sessions, they deserve fair warning)

Sadly, Bill Beatty will not be able to join me for this year's tag team presentation of "Overall Robot Design for the FIRST Robotics Competition". Bill must stay in Indiana this year.

Gracefully jumping in as Mr. Bill's replacement is the honorable Ellery Wong of team 191. Ellery will bring his wisdom to the session by telling us how the X-Cats go through their team's design process. I will be looking forward to seeing what Ellery has to say about his team's process, as they are one of the few 15-year FIRST teams. Thanks to Ellery for stepping up to fill in for Bill.

Ellery and I will be speaking at 10:00-10:45 on Thursday's sessions, in room 1.

See you soon,
Andy Baker