PDA

View Full Version : Just worried, everyone....

Jessica Boucher
08-02-2001, 05:55 AM
Im surprised noone's talked here about the Battlebots episode that was on last Tuesday nite yet. There was an old FIRST team on there, and they even showed a bit on Rammstein.

Mike Soukup
08-02-2001, 09:21 AM
I watched that episode last night (gotta love the vcr). A guy at work told me they interviewed a highschool team and I had a feeling it was the ex-FIRST team. The teacher (Michael Bastoni?) had a lot of good things to say about the educational value of the students building the robots. And it was good to hear the students say they've learned a lot and had fun.

I was upset that they had the piece about the team and then cut to a match they weren't even in.

But I'm curious, why are you worried?

Mike

Justin
08-02-2001, 09:58 AM
I wish I had seen that. I was out crusing around the city that never wakes...aka Manchester aka Manchvegas. Woo-hooo. Anyhoo...I need to get back into watching/taping battlebots so I can catch things like that.

lata,

-Justin

Ps. Jess you are supposed to remind me of things like that :p :p

P.J. Baker
08-02-2001, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Justin
I wish I had seen that. ...I need to get back into watching/taping battlebots so I can catch things like that.

Justin,

The Tuesday BB episode is rebroadcast several times over the weekend.

P.J.

Jessica Boucher
08-02-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Mike Soukup

But I'm curious, why are you worried?

Maybe worried wasnt the best choice of words, but I was surprised that noone watched it....usually its a hot topic of discussion. Could this small sample of people not watching it reflect the Nielson ratings that its getting? I'd have to do a bit of searching.

And no, Justin, Im not supposed to remind you of things. I am not your secretary, nor assistant. ;)

EddieMcD
08-02-2001, 12:03 PM
It seems like every time someone mentions the most recent Battlebots episode, I missed it, and end up watching it on Saturday.

Well, guess I'm watching it on Saturday.

*sighs*

Andrew Rudolph
08-02-2001, 03:24 PM
I saw the episode. I saw the spot they did on them and i noticed al of the FIRST componenets used, eve one of the old green batteries. I was really hapy because they had like 10 lightweights go up against Jay Lenos Chinkilla and the only one that survived and did damage to it was the one from that team.

Andrew

Jessica Boucher
08-02-2001, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Rudolph
I saw the episode. I saw the spot they did on them and i noticed al of the FIRST componenets used, eve one of the old green batteries. I was really hapy because they had like 10 lightweights go up against Jay Lenos Chinkilla and the only one that survived and did damage to it was the one from that team.

Andrew

Almost like they were on ::gasp:: an alliance! ;)

(Sorry, someone had to say it)

Andrew Rudolph
08-02-2001, 06:30 PM
Almost like they were on ::gasp:: an alliance!

:eek: OMG how dare you say that battlebots isnt about cooperation in the box!

Tom Schindler
08-02-2001, 10:28 PM
There is a link to an interveiw with Plymouth North High School, about battlebots:

http://www.battlebots.com/videos.asp

Not sure if this was teh interview that was aired, but it is about en ex-first team, they were best known for rumble at the rock... the off-season competition.

Tom

Jessica Boucher
08-03-2001, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Rudolph

:eek: OMG how dare you say that battlebots isnt about cooperation in the box!

No, but its usually one-on-one until the end when the rumbles begin.

EddieMcD
08-03-2001, 05:56 PM
And even then, some robots stick to themselves. Remember Toro for last year?