PDA

View Full Version : Channel Selector

David Kelly
06-02-2001, 09:00 AM
Does anybody have drawings or an extra piece that allows you to change the channel on the Operator Interface? I know we used to have one, but it seems to have been misplaced. Andy B. you know what I am talking about because your piece is the one that we lost. It's kinda hard doing demo's with the Full Metal Jackets (393) when you are using the same channel.

Don
06-02-2001, 10:03 AM
I believe you are talking about a yellow dongle (sp?). The design for it is in the chief delphi white pages. Here's a link Yellow Dongle (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/papers/YellowDongle011301.doc) .
I hope this is what you are looking for.

Tom Schindler
06-02-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by David Kelly
It's kinda hard doing demo's with the Full Metal Jackets (393) when you are using the same channel.

We had this same problem when we were practicing at the RAGE (team 173) warehouse... we had 3 or 4 robots that we wanted to run at the same time... i think to allow channel changing of the OI, all you have to to is connect pins 1 and 12 of a 15 pin connector, and plug it into the competition port...

i am not sure about the pins... can anyone else confirm this?

Tom Schindler
Team 177

Joe Ross
06-02-2001, 12:35 PM
Tom, you were close

If all you need is access to the extra channels, you short pins 12 and 15.

If you would like to enable/disable the robot too, connect pin 6 (disable) and pin 8 (ground) to an on/off switch.

All of this is covered in the yellow dongle white paper linked above.

Tom Schindler
06-02-2001, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Joe Ross
you short pins 12 and 15.

woops...

1 and 15 are right next to eachother.. i was going on memory :)

Tom

Nate Smith
06-03-2001, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Joe Ross
All of this is covered in the yellow dongle white paper linked above.

Or the control system manual, for that matter...

Joe Ross
06-03-2001, 01:15 AM
but the link to the yellow dongle white paper was already posted, and I didn't want to look up the link to the control system manual ;)