PDA

View Full Version : I need some help.

xzvrw2
05-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I am thinking about going to a regional not in Michigan or in the surrounding states (Ohio or Indiana or Illinois) some some place like in Florida or New York. what one do you think I should go to?

Alex Cormier
05-02-2006, 10:29 PM
I am thinking about going to a regional not in Michigan or in the surrounding states (Ohio or Indiana or Illinois) some some place like in Florida or New York. what one do you think I should go to?
FLR!!!!

KenWittlief
05-02-2006, 10:30 PM
you mean, going by yourself or taking your whole team?

And BTW, I hope you mean next year? :^)

Eugenia Gabrielov
05-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Hey, it's awesome that you're looking into travelling. Here are a couple of points to consider:

What is your college schedule like, such that you can get a break to travel?

If you plan to mentor a team in college, what regionals will they be attending, and which weekends will you consequently have free?

Can you afford to go on a plane, or are you limited to driving distance?

Who do you know in whicever region who could host you in their home or share a hotel room to make things more affordable?

Do you plan to volunteer at a regional or just attend it?

Is there anything else you want to do in the area that you could multi-task with a regional?

Are there any people you're good friends with that live on one particular end of the country?

Do you prefer a big regional or a small regional?

Can you travel internationally?

Good luck!

xzvrw2
05-02-2006, 11:22 PM
I plan on going by my self or a couple of friends.
I know some people in Florida and New York but I don't know them well enough to stay with them.
I have an Aunt that lives in Half Moon Bay, California(which is close to San Fran if there is any regionals near there)
And I think by then, I will have the money to fly.
I will helping out with FIRST teams next year but not fully mentoring.
I plan on volunteering at the regional I attend.
At any city there is a lot of things to do.
I am willing to travel internationally.
And the size of the regional doesn't matter, i have volunteered at Detroit(which has like 30 teams) and I attended GTR which had 74 teams, so size does not matter.
ummmm I think that all the questions from Eugenia. haha
oh I also have family in the Fort Worth, Dallas area.

Stevie

Eugenia Gabrielov
05-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Well then start from there and make a list of next year's regionals, and then narrow them down as much as you can to which ones you'd really like to attend...and you'll be all set!

EricH
05-03-2006, 12:47 AM
I have an Aunt that lives in Half Moon Bay, California(which is close to San Fran if there is any regionals near there)San Francisco is closest to SVR and Davis (the Sacramento Regional). I think it's about the same driving time and distance to both. Second closest would be LA and PNW (about a day's drive each way). For you, it would probably be warmer than your home state in California (although the regionals are at the end of winter).