PDA

View Full Version : [requested split] A1A


Carolyn Duncan
08-02-2001, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by David Kelly
but it thought those blue sandals were so comfy? that wasn't very smart of you to walk down A1A with no shoes.
You guys just up and walked down A1A? Your mentors let you do that? Wow! Barefoot was prolly a really bad idea, I walk everywhere barefoot but wouldn't go down A1A barefoot.

David Kelly
08-02-2001, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan

You guys just up and walked down A1A? Your mentors let you do that? Wow! Barefoot was prolly a really bad idea, I walk everywhere barefoot but wouldn't go down A1A barefoot.



Uhhh... our mentors didn't know we did that until a few weeks later. it was only 12am and we needed to go to Ron Jons and go to Walgreens to get some posters for the comp the next day. We were staying at the Hayatt (i think) and thats a long way away from where we were going. we were origionaly going to go to pubix, but it was closed. we got back after 2:30am and had to wake back up at 6. My brother even had to carry her for a while cause she was complaining so much.

Our mentors said that we aren't allowed to do that anymore, but we can get around it. Won't we CT? Thats only if the 2 of us make the team next year;)



Libby, i know that you will prolly show this to scott and i don't really care. Mr. Wherry is the one that we have to worry about:p

Carolyn Duncan
08-02-2001, 08:57 PM
This year you shouls make friends with someone who will have a vehicle there and get a ride. Wlking is really dangerous, especially that far on A1A. You guys are crazy! You deserved not to get much sleep that night.

David Kelly
08-02-2001, 09:02 PM
yes mommy, it won't happen again:p

Clark Gilbert
08-02-2001, 09:03 PM
Geez Caryoln that made you really mad didnt it?:confused:


Plus this topic has gone WAY off path.....:) (Yes, I'm Mr. Obvious)

Carolyn Duncan
08-02-2001, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Clark Gilbert
Geez Caryoln that made you really mad didnt it?:confused:
Plus this topic has gone WAY off path.....:) (Yes, I'm Mr. Obvious)
It's just that of all roads they chose A1A. To go get, of all things, Ketchup. A1A isn't exatly the greatest road to walk down. If I drive down to Epcot I'd be happy to give you guys a ride, inexchange for some gas money.
Hey Captian of the Obvious I put Ketchup in this post to get it back on topic. Is that ok with you? And David, don't yes mommy me.

David Kelly
08-02-2001, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan

It's just that of all roads they chose A1A. To go get, of all things, Ketchup. A1A isn't exatly the greatest road to walk down. If I drive down to Epcot I'd be happy to give you guys a ride, inexchange for some gas money.
Hey Captian of the Obvious I put Ketchup in this post to get it back on topic. Is that ok with you? And David, don't yes mommy me.


ah, i've only seen one bloody accident and it was in '99 right in front of Ron Jons. it seed kinda dangerous at times but it was not too bad. we stayed there during the KSC comp and don't think we're going there anymore. so we won't need a ride. thanks anyways. btw, we went to walgreens to get posters not ketchup.

yeah this is totaly off topic, thats why we asked for it to be split.



hmmm... i never made the connection. Thanks Mr. Obvious, you're a lifesaver!! From the "Bob & Tom Show"

mike o'leary
08-02-2001, 09:44 PM
bloody accident? only seen one? what? do tell...

David Kelly
08-02-2001, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by mike o'leary
bloody accident? only seen one? what? do tell...

it was in 99 and some pedestrian dude that got blasted by a car in front of Ron Jons on A1A at Cocoa Beach. he was all cut up and blood was all over the place. i don't think it was life threatening, but it was pretty surious. thats about all i remember.

mike o'leary
08-02-2001, 09:48 PM
that would teach most people not to walk on this a1a road...but not first-a-holics!

Carolyn Duncan
08-02-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by mike o'leary
that would teach most people not to walk on this a1a road...but not first-a-holics!
Hmmm... lack of brain functions for things not FIRST related. Uh, oh! I think I might be a FIRST-a holic...

David Kelly
08-02-2001, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan

Hmmm... lack of brain functions for things not FIRST related. Uh, oh! I think I might be a FIRST-a holic...

you should be glad to be one. who cares if you don't know anything outside of FIRST. i sure don't

Carolyn Duncan
08-02-2001, 11:56 PM
There's nothing wrong with being a FIRST-a-holic. I love it! Brain functions are something I'm lacking in anyways.