PDA

View Full Version : SolidWorks User @ Your Service in Orem,UT

jksolid
07-14-2006, 02:46 PM
:yikes: I am a avid SolidWorks user based in Orem,UT in search of some side work. I have been using SolidWorks for about 6 years now and would like to offer my services to anyone who is need of design, drafting, animation, renderings, tooling, and prototype services. My experience is mostly mechanical and some electrical. I have been able to complete projects for many different industries including Military, Medical, Toy, and Consumable Products.

My most recent undertaking was working with a local paintball company in which I designed and developed add-on and accessory items for several of their guns. The most challenging aspect was reverse engineering each component so that it would fit exactly to the existing guns without any problems. Although challenging I managed to design all the components and drawings needed to meet or exceed their deadlines.

I have a lot of experience and knowledge working with many different types of plastics and metals and can effectively design products to accommodate those materials. I am mechanically inclined to take on any task that is put in front of me. If you have a project that needs to meet a reasonable deadline I can help you achieve your goals in that timely manner. My rate varies from 25-35 per hour depending on complexity of design and due date. I am also willing to work nights and weekends to meet the required deadline.

Please take a look at my resume and some samples of my work at http://solidworks.carbonmade.com/ (http://solidworks.carbonmade.com). If you would like to see other examples please email me at jksolid@comcast.net When responding please tell me what type of industry you are in so that I can give examples of my work in that related field. I look forward to developing a valued business relationship with you and your partners.

Best Regards,
Jon Knabenschuh

JohnBoucher
07-14-2006, 04:42 PM
reported

Jay H 237
07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
It might just be my thinking but I'm not sure if I'd post THAT much personal information about one's self and thier references on a public forum. I would never have put my resume on a forum, especially one I just joined.

Elgin Clock
07-14-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't know why this deserves to be reported and I do agree with Jay about posting personal resume information on public forums..

But... can I ask how you did the cable routing around the ring part Jon?
Did you use the routing feature within SolidWorks, or was it just a 3D sketch and a swept boss/base feature????

Inquiring minds (re: fellow SolidWorks users) want to know!!

Matt Krass
07-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Why reported? I don't see a problem with it. This is a site dedicated to a robotics competition, a lot of teams could benefit from the services of a skilled CAD artist. I would think this would be a great place to offer your services, it was presented in a respectful fashion with proper references to back their offer up. This doesn't seem to fall under "spam" to me, it seems like a legitimate post and I know my previous team (263) would have loved to find this offer during their competition seasons.

Ted Boucher
07-15-2006, 02:40 AM
Why reported? I don't see a problem with it. This is a site dedicated to a robotics competition, a lot of teams could benefit from the services of a skilled CAD artist. I would think this would be a great place to offer your services, it was presented in a respectful fashion with proper references to back their offer up. This doesn't seem to fall under "spam" to me, it seems like a legitimate post and I know my previous team (263) would have loved to find this offer during their competition seasons.

I completely agree with the reporting. Since he is posting a "rate" for his services, he is advertising. Lets refer to the note on the report function.
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Yes, it is true some could benefit from this, but there is a correct way to advertise on this forum, and it is through paying money and sponsoring the site. Reading the rules and warnings does help before properly resolving to "God of All" in any setting.

JohnBoucher
07-15-2006, 07:36 AM
I look forward to developing a valued business relationship with you and your partners.

That's why.

Mike Martus
07-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Advertising on the site in a forum contex is not allowed for many reasons. The greatest reason is opening the floodgates to the entire internet and crowding/filling the forum with unwanted spam.

I have contacted this person and encouraged him to get involved with FIRST in any number of ways if he is interested. Developing or forming a local team is just but one option. I did encourage him to investigate FIRST. I also cautioned him regarding personal information on a public forum.

At this point I think I will close the thread. At a later date it may remove if deemed appropriate.