PDA

View Full Version : chat/off-topic

Brandon Martus
08-04-2001, 03:56 AM
Hi.

Before I start, I just want to say that I'm not pointing fingers at one particular person. I'm posting this after 4 or 5 different people sent me PM's complaining about the lack of content on a few posts.

I've noticed there have been a few threads where its been post after post after post within about 20 minutes. The thread turns into almost a realtime chat, and goes way off-topic. Not only that, but it makes reading new messages very difficult.

I'm going to ask that if you have a small reply that will benefit maybe only one person, try to put it in a PM to them or something.

Also, if you notice that the person is online at the time, maybe IM them or go to TigerBolt chat or something.

I know most these posts happen in Chit-Chat, and thats where that stuff is supposed to happen. But I (along with the 4-5 people who have contacted me) think its getting slightly out of hand lately.

Thanks,
Brandon

mike o'leary
08-04-2001, 08:47 AM
ok
sorry
wont post randomly anymore.

Joe Ross
08-04-2001, 09:28 AM
If you find the need to post randomly, you might want to check out the Anandtech Forums (http://forums.anandtech.com), specifically the off topic forum. ;) There are alot more people there and it is much easier to get interesting conversations going.

The other forums there are great places to get your tech support questions answered, except that they are pretty PC centric (sorry Carolyn).

David Kelly
08-04-2001, 10:37 AM
sorry guys, i didn't think that i would get out of hand the way it did.:)

Carolyn Duncan
08-05-2001, 12:22 AM
My appologies too. I'll tone it down.
Originally posted by Joe Ross
they are pretty PC centric (sorry Carolyn).
sok. I'll live. Didn't mean to draw the htread off topic with this.

Clark Gilbert
08-05-2001, 11:14 AM
opps....sorry

EddieMcD
08-06-2001, 09:10 AM
Won't happen again.