PDA

View Full Version : COLTS WIN

IndySam
01-21-2007, 09:22 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Goober!!!
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Northern Indiana is going to be crazy in 2 weeks!!!:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: And everyone will know that the bears are going to win the super bowl!!!:D

Charger_07
01-21-2007, 09:27 PM
stupid colts and stupid bears, i wanted Saints vs. Pats

Koko Ed
01-21-2007, 09:27 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

First two black head coaches to ever coach in the SUperbowl and the winner will be the first to ever win it.
I want Tony Dungey to win it so bad after everything that has happened to him. From being labeled a choke artist for not being able to win the "Big Game" (remember he built that Bucs team that won the Superbowl that Gruden got to drive to victory. I think going up against an offense he designed made it way too easy for him to win) to his son's suicide last year. Plus he comes across as a genuinely nice person who deserves to win it all.
I sure hope he does.

Alex Cormier
01-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Pit Bull 1126: tommy boy is going to almost get hit and thorow a int.
smoothsurfer12: nope
Pit Bull 1126: around play 4-7
Pit Bull 1126: if they even get that many off....
Pit Bull 1126: so itll be close to the TD
Pit Bull 1126: 3
Pit Bull 1126: and, now it starts.
smoothsurfer12: just wait
Pit Bull 1126: nope
Pit Bull 1126: OHHHHHHHHH!!!
Pit Bull 1126: i called it!

a little conversation i had about the last few plays of the game.

wow, what a game. much better then the first game!

Koko Ed
01-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Pit Bull 1126: tommy boy is going to almost get hit and thorow a int.
smoothsurfer12: nope
Pit Bull 1126: around play 4-7
Pit Bull 1126: if they even get that many off....
Pit Bull 1126: so itll be close to the TD
Pit Bull 1126: 3
Pit Bull 1126: and, now it starts.
smoothsurfer12: just wait
Pit Bull 1126: nope
Pit Bull 1126: OHHHHHHHHH!!!
Pit Bull 1126: i called it!

a little conversation i had about the last few plays of the game.

wow, what a game. much better then the first game!
The tell tale sign that the Saints were in trouble was when reports of the Saints having trouble sleeping because they were too excited. THey were ripe for the taking.

Kyle Love
01-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I am now almost a believer in the Colts. The past few years, I've only got my hopes up to get slammed when they lose. BUT, this year they have won a few of the "big games", now they have "the reallllllllly realllllllly big game left".

David Kelly
01-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I loved Coach Dungy's comment after the game saying "Forget about playing in Miami, lets play the Super Bowl in Ft. Wayne!" (Ft. Wayne is about halfway between Indy and Chicago)

Kingofl337
01-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I can't belive how close it was. But, in the end we didn't get it done :( .

I'm going to bed now, so I can cry myself to sleep :p.

Goober!!!
01-21-2007, 10:11 PM
I loved Coach Dungy's comment after the game saying "Forget about playing in Miami, lets play the Super Bowl in Ft. Wayne!" (Ft. Wayne is about halfway between Indy and Chicago)

WOOO I WOULD LOVE THAT, i live like 1/2 hour from Ft. Wayne and it would ROCK!!! but insaine at the same time!!!:D :D :D

Ryan Dognaux
01-21-2007, 10:12 PM
That's right, BELIEVE IN BLUE.

I hate the Patriots.

West Lafayette is going to tear itself apart these next few weeks. It's also the middle between Chicago and Indianapolis, and everyone is either a Bears fan or a Colts fan.

World War III has begun at Purdue University.

Koko Ed
01-21-2007, 10:16 PM
I can't belive how close it was. But, in the end we didn't get it done :( .

I'm going to bed now, so I can cry myself to sleep :p.

What are you craying about Patriots fan? At least you got your rings? We Bills fan still don't got our rings even after going four year in a row!!!!http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/angry/zx11pissed.gif

Elgin Clock
01-21-2007, 11:01 PM
What are you crying about Patriots fan? At least you got your rings? We Bills fan still don't got our rings even after going four year in a row!!!!http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/angry/zx11pissed.gif

LOL BILLS = Boy I Love Losing Superbowls. :p

And, The patriots lost??? YAY!!!!!!!!! :D

If I don't say this now I'll get punched (not really) by some people in Atlanta!

DAAA BEARS!!!

Jessica Boucher
01-22-2007, 05:51 AM
As I said last night...

I am sad that the Patriots lost, and I am happy for both teams that won...but I am even more thrilled that for the next two weeks robot buiding in the midwest comes to a standstill. ;)

OH! And superbowl ads! It's the most wonderful time of the marketing year!!!

MikeDubreuil
01-22-2007, 06:14 AM
I watched the game and I think neither team deserved to win. No one played especially well during the entire game. Patriots good in the 1st half, bad in the second. Colts good in the 2nd, bad in the 1st. Personally, I'm bitter about the loss. The Colts aren't a good team. They can thank home field advantage for the win.

Kingofl337
01-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Is it greedy to want 4 rings :D ?

Michael Hill
01-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Here's something I'm confused about. All the news networks are calling this a "historic superbowl" because there are 2 black coaches. Everyone that was watching the game at our dorm was like :confused:. What does it matter if they're black or white? They're both really great coaches. Why are news networks making such a big deal out of it? It's the media that keeps racism an issue today...*sigh*

Ryan Dognaux
01-22-2007, 07:07 AM
I watched the game and I think neither team deserved to win. No one played especially well during the entire game. Patriots good in the 1st half, bad in the second. Colts good in the 2nd, bad in the 1st. Personally, I'm bitter about the loss. The Colts aren't a good team. They can thank home field advantage for the win.

To say that The Colts aren't a good team is ridiculous. They made it happen when it counted last night and that's all that will be remembered. The Patriots have had their rings, it's time for someone else to have a chance and no one deserves it more than coach Dungy and his team. The Colts haven't been to a super bowl ever since they got to Indy, it's our time now. Last night's playoff game was one of the most exciting second halves of football I have seen in quite some time.

lol @ Belichick, he must be so mad.

Alex Cormier
01-22-2007, 08:14 AM
lol @ Belichick, he must be so mad.

Him and Parcells wil be crying together.

Greg Perkins
01-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Being a Die-hard New England fan, I was left after the game ended feeling drained. It was a fantastic game, and to keep the game within 4 points at the end was pretty $@#$@#$@#$@# commendable. Let me point out a few things for those who think NE is a pushover.

A, The Colts hadn't scored a TOUCHDOWN in almost two games until the second half of the game last night, they had relied on Vinatieri's kicks to win theire games for them. Some offense...

B, The pats had played San Diego, a much more formiddable opponent than the Ravens to the Colts. Thus leaving NE utterly exhausted after the win last week. Even Belichick had said "That game wiped us out".

C, Upon arriving in Indy earlier in the week, half of the pats were suffering from a case of the flu. Playing at half capacity and still losing within 4 pts. is nothing short of impressive to overcome that adversity.

D, The pats had a solid blanket over the Colts recievers all game (yes, even in the second half). Dwight Freeny? who? he never got close, nor did Bob Sanders the supposubly "games X factor".

Courtesy of ESPN...
The best reciever all game was a Tight End.
D. Clark 6/137
R. Wayne 5/68
M. Harrison 4/41
D. Rhodes 4/38
B. Fletcher 1/32
A. Moorehead 3/23
B. Utecht 1/5
J. Addai 2/4
D. Klecko 1/1

I'm sorry, but keeping Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, AND Dominique Rhodes to only a combined 147 of total offense between the three is pretty commendable to the pats' secondary. How many big plays did Assante Samuel knock away? And what about that block in the end of the endzone? Are we still crap? Because the stats don't lie.

Like Mike said, the Colts did not deserve this win, and they can ONLY thank homefield advantage for this win. I've got a sour taste in my mouth.

Michael Hill
01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Like Mike said, the Colts did not deserve this win...

THAT'S RIGHT! THEY EARNED IT! PATS BLEW IT!

Ryan Dognaux
01-22-2007, 09:01 AM
THAT'S RIGHT! THEY EARNED IT! PATS BLEW IT!

Quoted for truth.

The Colts defense is what stepped it up during the previous two games. We still won the games, regardless of what you say, a win is a win my friend. The Colts defense hasn't let anyone rush over 100 yards during the playoffs, including last night. While Freeny's sack numbers are low, you have to be insane to not realize the pressure he brings every play.

You talk about being ill and not able to play? That's how the Colt's defense was for most of the regular season - many of our guys were injured. There are no excuses - play like a champ.

And what's your problem with Dallas Clark having the most receiving yards? Clark is an excellent player, my favorite in fact. Blame your team for not covering him well enough. Don't be jealous over the fact that we have so many amazing receivers :) The Patriots might have stopped some of our guys, but they can't stop them all.

I'll just say there's probably not another sports team I loathe more than the Patriots, mainly because of their coach and their attitude. There's not a nicer coach than Tony Dungy and he deserves it.

Sorry Pats, you've had your chance, better luck next year.

Alex Cormier
01-22-2007, 09:02 AM
nor did Bob Sanders the supposubly "games X factor".

yeah, he just made the end of game play. nothing else. :p

I just like to argue. My team didn't even make it into the playoffs.

Ryan Dognaux
01-22-2007, 09:14 AM

No joke. When a team is down 6 to 21 at the end of the half, and comes back to win, you can not tell me that they didn't deserve it. Those guys played their hearts out and the Patriots blew it, simple as that.

Greg Perkins
01-22-2007, 10:35 AM

Alex, It was #23 Marlin Jackson who Int'd the final pass by Tom Brady.

We're all free to disagree, and I'm not insulting or stating that I hate Indy, YES they played a good SECOND HALF. Meh, it's only a stupid game.

Ben Lauer
01-22-2007, 10:44 AM
He was referring to the play on the patriots second to last drive. I wish I could remember the time. Bob Sanders cut of a 7-10 yard play that would have given the Patriots the first down. He almost intercepted it, but dropped it as he fell to the ground.

Personally, I don't think that either team played at the peak level they could have played, but conversely, these are the two best teams in the AFC, so you need to expect that both the defence and the offense of both teams will make plays and shut down what has worked for the team in every other game this year.

Kim Masi
01-22-2007, 11:41 AM
I am just happy to say that as a Giants fan living in New England, I dont have to suffer through the Patriots winning another superbowl.

Go Bears! (Or Colts, I dont really care)

Eric W. Jones
01-22-2007, 01:49 PM
I wasn't able to watch the first half of play, but even if the Pats had won, (and I'm glad they didn't) it was the most exciting two quarters of football I personally have ever seen.

On another note, I'm calling Superbowl XLI the I-65 bowl. (it runs from Chicago, through Indianapolis, all the way to Miami)

Alex Cormier
01-22-2007, 02:08 PM
wow!!! Bill Parcells Retires from Cowboys... Is belchick next? :p

jagman2882
01-24-2007, 10:43 AM

exactly!!! the colts r terrible. to be quite honest these r probably a few of the worst teams in the super bowl...ever. one team has no offense the other no defense. defense wins championships. if the bears can run the ball well, which can be done easily on the colts (i.e. jacksonville's 375yd rushing game just a month or so ago) and stop addai n rhodes, manning wont be able to over come the lack of a running game. and grossman needs to turn the ball over less than 2 times. if that happens bears will win because the colts r the softest team in the nfl. period

Ryan Dognaux
01-24-2007, 10:49 AM
exactly!!! the colts r terrible. to be quite honest these r probably a few of the worst teams in the super bowl...ever. one team has no offense the other no defense. defense wins championships. if the bears can run the ball well, which can be done easily on the colts (i.e. jacksonville's 375yd rushing game just a month or so ago) and stop addai n rhodes, manning wont be able to over come the lack of a running game. and grossman needs to turn the ball over less than 2 times. if that happens bears will win because the colts r the softest team in the nfl. period

lol you're kidding right? The Bears are going to fold under the pressure my friend, they don't stand a chance.

Have you not noticed that The Colts haven't allowed any single player to rush over a hundred yards during the playoffs? The defense has stepped it up and we obviously saw what Manning can do in a crunch last week.

Dallas Clark for President 08 (bonus points if you get this)

Alex Cormier
01-24-2007, 10:55 AM

anyone is better then hillary clinton...:p ;)

J23t
01-24-2007, 05:46 PM
i still can't believe the patriots lost. :(

oh well, theres always next year :D

KelliV
01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Although I am glad the Colts won (I really don't like the Pats), I really can't wait for Da Bears to win the superbowl... I was born and raised a Bears fan and go to school across from Soldier Field. Today all of the flags on the lightpoles changed to NFC Champs from NFC North Champs, If anyone will be in Chicago next week be sure to check out the helmets on the lions in front of the Art Institute!
All I know is I will be one of those crazy kids screaming with her friends for their team on Michigan Avenue wether we win or lose!

D.J. Fluck
01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
A, The Colts hadn't scored a TOUCHDOWN in almost two games until the second half of the game last night, they had relied on Vinatieri's kicks to win theire games for them. Some offense...

Hrm that sounds familiar. Lets check the history books, shall we.

2001 AFC Divisional Round: New England Patriots Vs Oakland Raiders

"In the 2001 playoffs, during a blizzard against the Oakland Raiders in the final game at Foxboro Stadium, Vinatieri kicked a 45-yard field goal to tie the game 13-13 and send it into overtime. The Patriots then won the game on another field goal of 23 yards by Vinatieri. That 45-yard kick in driving snow is regarded as one of the greatest clutch plays (and greatest kicks) in NFL history."

"In Super Bowl XXXVI he kicked a 48-yard field goal on the final play to give the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl victory, a 20-17 win over the St. Louis Rams."

My take: The only thing impressive about that win was holding "The Greatest Show on Turf" to 17 points.

"Two years later, and in an almost identical situation, he kicked a 41-yard field goal with 4 seconds left in Super Bowl XXXVIII to boost the Patriots to another championship (after missing one field goal and having another attempt blocked in the first half). This time, the Patriots defeated the Carolina Panthers, 32-29.

My Take: Take away the "V-Factor" and 3 Super Bowls turn into 1, maybe none? You have to be mentally ill to argue that without Adam Vinatieri the Patriots still would have achieved the same success. Vinateri has always been a brilliant kicker when it counts and honestly many people believe (and the rest will believe as the years go on, he is the reason (not Tom Brady, not Tedy Bruschi (who I still say looks like a young Erik Estrada), not Bill Bellichick) is the reason the Patriots made it over the top of the hill. The rest of that supporting cast got them to the top of that hill. His foot booted them over the top.

(Source: Wikipedia)

That's my expert opinion and I'm stickin' to it. I'm going back into my hole now.

Signed,

D.J., The Sports Doctor.

P.S. Hey Grady, I hope you have a Sprint Phone. We'll find you a nice wig and moustache to wear with the jersey.

JamesBrown
01-26-2007, 12:36 PM
lol you're kidding right? The Bears are going to fold under the pressure my friend, they don't stand a chance.

Have you not noticed that The Colts haven't allowed any single player to rush over a hundred yards during the playoffs? The defense has stepped it up and we obviously saw what Manning can do in a crunch last week.

Alright, I dislike the colts as much as any one, atleast while the Patriots are still in it. There is no question (in my opinion) that The Patriots and Colts are hands down the two most dominant teams in the AFC, maybe not the best teams this year but there isn't really any one keeping up with the two of them over all. It is a fact that Manning and Dungy make Brady and Belicheck better and vice versa. If either of these two pairs wasn't around the other would be unstopable. The Red Sox have the Yankees, and The Patriots have the Colts (ok maybe the other way around if you go by rings) there is no one in Boston or New York that wouldn't want to see the other team around, the rivalry makes the game better. Now in the AFC there is a Rivalry brewing, it trumps the Pats/Jets rivalry. The Colts and Patriots make the sport better, Just like Young and the 49ers and Aikman and the Cowboys. Do one wants to see a Dynasty, every one wants to see a rivalry.

I have been routing for the Patriots since pre 1996 superbowl, right through Parcells, Pete Carrol and Now Bill Belicheck, The partiots took as long as any one to win a super bowl. Now it may be the Colts turn, love them or hate them these two teams are both great, multiple hall of famers on each team, enjoy the games, they are always a show, but no one can say these teams aren't good. The colts deserve it, they may not have deserved the win, but the Patriots gave it to them, I know why, I know they had a tough game the week before but in the end they couldn't finish, Next weekend I will route for the AFC, even though it is the colts. Next year however Brady and Belicheck will be playing with vengeance

Jevin H
01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
I Say bears 100-none but that is probaly because a teacher/coach is a huge fan for years

Joe Ross
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I am sad that the Patriots lost, and I am happy for both teams that won...but I am even more thrilled that for the next two weeks robot buiding in the midwest comes to a standstill. ;)

There may be some truth to this, for the first time in forever, a midwest team did not win the championship ;)