PDA

View Full Version : After 08

anilizer@752
08-30-2007, 09:06 PM
who hopes to have some affilliation with first once they begin college. cause i'll tell you, I woulden't mind getting a job for First. :D

Tottanka
08-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Me. deffinately.
I am even trying to mentor 2 teams (my high school team, and a new one).

BuddyB309
08-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Its really hard letting go of FIRST, especialy when your heart is in it. Its takes some time knowing that now you have to stand at the sidlines rather than be in the competition. But you'll eventually find joy in teaching others.

Courtneyb1023
08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
I found that even if you don't have a ton of time to dedicate to mentoring a team, you can always volunteer at an event or 2. Itís just a couple days and it makes you feel like you are giving back to a program that has given you so much.

FourPenguins
08-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I don't know how easy it would be going back to mentor your old team. It would be way to easy to be classed as still being a team member, both by others and yourself.
After 08 I'm going off to college. What college I go to will determine my access to FIRST, and that decides a lot of what I do. I also don't want to sacrifice my schooling for FIRST, so I'll play it by ear.

Deacon Blues
08-31-2007, 09:11 PM
I'll be going to school near my hometown, so I'll probably come back to mentor the PR people and get them all the information. The whole change of contacts thing can be a problem. But other than checking up occasionally, I doubt I'll have a huge influence.

Athleticgirl389
09-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I found that even if you don't have a ton of time to dedicate to mentoring a team, you can always volunteer at an event or 2. Itís just a couple days and it makes you feel like you are giving back to a program that has given you so much.

that is soooo true! going from being there HOURS upon HOURS a week to just a few short hours... that is a change. but you will most deffinately feel like you did something for your team come regional time. and as mentioned, volunteering is a GREAT thing as well. Regionals (and offseasons) are always in need of a few hands... even if it's Saturday when you don't have classes.

Adama
09-20-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll be going to school near my hometown, so I'll probably come back to mentor the PR people and get them all the information. The whole change of contacts thing can be a problem. But other than checking up occasionally, I doubt I'll have a huge influence.

Does this mean you will be joining me at UMBC next year?:yikes: :)