PDA

View Full Version : pic: Billfred (1618)

Billfred
11-08-2007, 10:40 PM
[cdm-description=photo]29255[/cdm-description]

doukjin
11-08-2007, 10:42 PM
if i may add some constructive [purely photographical] criticism, the subject of the photo should be the thing in the front, mainly because with it not in focus, the robot seems like more of an obstruction...
the my eyes dont really move to one object in the picture, but rather are scanning the entire picture for some substantial subject [which i know is meant to be billfred, but... yeahhh
basically, putting the focus on the robot might help...?

Billfred
11-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Actually, my bigger gripe with the picture is the way the headlights hit the truck in front of my car; the eye is more drawn to the brightest spot in the photograph. (Well, and I am pushing my luck with the Rule of Thirds--that was lessened in the print.)

And yes, the robot was an obstruction--since I was so busy fixing it during Brunswick Eruption (something broke in about half of the matches), I didn't have any real time to shoot anything during the event! :)

Barry Bonzack
11-09-2007, 07:56 AM
if i may add some constructive [purely photographical] criticism, the subject of the photo should be the thing in the front, mainly because with it not in focus, the robot seems like more of an obstruction...
the my eyes dont really move to one object in the picture, but rather are scanning the entire picture for some substantial subject [which i know is meant to be billfred, but... yeahhh
basically, putting the focus on the robot might help...?

The subject does not always need to be the floor ground as long as it (Billfred) is what is in focus. This techniques is usually more effective when combined with the framing technique. IE, Billfred's face is appears to be in the middle of, but not obstructed by, the wheels and the frame. This would be exceedingly difficult to accomplish using the self timer when balanced on anything. I vote thumbs as a photograph, but for a WAI you face is about a centimeter wide.

Graham Donaldson
11-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Billfred, has 1618 heard of a trailer??? They're a really nice little accessory that your car pulls along behind it, and you can rent them! I highly recommend it- :D.

Billfred
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Billfred, has 1618 heard of a trailer??? They're a really nice little accessory that your car pulls along behind it, and you can rent them! I highly recommend it- :D.Seeing as how the collective mentors of 1618 have a Volvo sedan, a Prius, and the pictured CR-V (plus one other I don't quite remember), getting a trailer would quite literally be putting the cart before the horse. :P

(Besides, if the CR-V can fit everything, why kill the fuel economy with a trailer?)

Graham Donaldson
11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Ooh...that does make it difficult...

You could always hold a fundraiser to buy a truck and trailer, and paint the truck in your team colors like you see companies do, so you're a driving advertisement for your team, and...the idea runs out there...:D