PDA

View Full Version : Problem compiling Kevin Watson's code

Spencer E.
01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
I have updated my IDE and C18 compiler to 3.10 but when I go to compiler I get this error:

MPLINK 4.1, Linker
Copyright (c) 2006 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - could not find file 'clib.lib'.
Errors : 1

The clib.lib file is located in C:\mcc18\lib which is the folder of libraries my IDE is pointing to. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? I just tried to compile the code without editing it yet.

Spencer E.
01-06-2008, 11:11 PM
I have updated my IDE and C18 compiler to 3.10 but when I go to compiler I get this error:

MPLINK 4.1, Linker
Copyright (c) 2006 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - could not find file 'clib.lib'.
Errors : 1

The clib.lib file is located in C:\mcc18\lib which is the folder of libraries my IDE is pointing to. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? I just tried to compile the code without editing it yet.

Nevermind, I fixed the problem, sorry about that guys. You can delete this thread.

Kevin Watson
01-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Nevermind, I fixed the problem, sorry about that guys. You can delete this thread.To fix this problem you need to tell MPLAB where your C libraries are installed (mine are at c:\program files\microchip\mcc18\lib, but yours may be at c:\mcc18\lib). To specify the location select Project > Build Options... > Project > Directories tab > Select Library Search Path> enter the path.

-Kevin