PDA

View Full Version : WPILib Use Help

Ryan O
01-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Okay, so we are just starting WPILib use on our team, and it looks great. However, we are having a couple problems, like how to use some features. I am trying to use the LEDs on the OI (Pwm1_green, for example). I tried using that like I did before, and it didn't work, and I acan't find the function for it. Is there a list of functions and there use out there, because there isn't one in the verison of the papers I got. Also, the SetCompetitionMode function is generateing a warning saying it has no prototype, but I can see it in BuiltIns.h, and API.h is included in that, and BuiltIns.h is included in main. Any help would be great. Here is the basic code I wrote to build off, which aside from the prototype warning compiled clean:

Main.c:

//Include features
#include "BuiltIns.h"
#include "Constants_Control.h"

//Setup competition mode, called first
void IO_Initialization(void)
{
//Set to automatic competition mode handling
SetCompetitionMode(AUTO_FIELD);
}

//Initialize: run at robot startup regradless of mode
void Initialize(void)
{

}

//Note: will switch between auto and operator automatically,
//even if the code is currently in an infinite loop

//Autonomous: run at field control enable
void Autonomous(void)
{
while(INFINITE)
{

}
}

//OperatorControl: Teleoperated period
void OperatorControl(void)
{

}

//Main: Satifies call requiremen only, unused
void main(void)
{

}

My only custom file s far, ConstantsandControl.h:

#ifndef Constants_Control
#define Constants_Control

//Constants
#define AUTO_FIELD 1
#define INFINITE 1

//Controls

#endif

End Code

Any help wuld be greatly appreciated

BradAMiller
01-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Ryan -

I tried compiling the code that you listed and didn't get the warning about SetCompetitionMode. What you had seemed right, maybe you were building a Vex version of the program. In the Vex version there are two arguments, the first being the autonomous period time and the second the operator control period.

Actually, that might explain why the SetOILED functions aren't working. Those are also missing from the Vex version since there are no IO LEDs.

Can you verify that you have defined _FRC_BOARD in your project somewhere. That's the preprocessor symbol that includes the FRC stuff.

Brad

Ryan O
01-09-2008, 10:16 PM
It's in the provided headers, but do I need to add a line in user-written code somewhere to tell it which? It never asked anything about that. That would explain it though.

Ryan O
01-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok, got it to work now. I didn't realize you could #define symbols like that outside their headers, and I thought you had to have different syntax. Thanks for the help, problay wouldn't have figured it out until the robot met a wall somewhere :)