PDA

View Full Version : MOE Chairman's Video?

onestep
04-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the MOE Chairman's video that was shown during the awards ceremony on Saturday? Thanks!

Mr MOE
04-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the MOE Chairman's video that was shown during the awards ceremony on Saturday? Thanks!

Lisa:

I had recorded the feed on the field at the time and have an okay copy on VHS. MOE should be receiving a higher quality version from Paul Lazarus and White Dwarf Productions soon. I have also asked if they could post it on YouTube so that others can see it. At some point, we will also have it available on our MOE website.

Many of you may not know this, but the Chairman's teams see this completed video at the same time you all do. So, it is new to us also! Paul Lazarus, the director/producer, who has worked with the Chairman's Award video, does this in his "spare time." He takes the raw video that we send him and literally puts hundreds of hours into this every year. He is truly "a Miracle Worker."

MOE 365 wants to thank everyone who was involved in getting this together. We feel the 4-5 minutes of video does a great job of showing others who our team is and that all of this is about more than just the robot.

Hope those of you who saw it, liked it. Let us know what you think.

Will try to have it available soon!

Coach C
04-21-2008, 10:53 AM
John and the whole MOE Team-

Excellent Job!!! A true work of art! I am sure it will inspire many teams.

Mr MOE
04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
John and the whole MOE Team-

Excellent Job!!! A true work of art! I am sure it will inspire many teams.

Thanks.

I was personally inspired when John Abele, FIRST Chairman, pumped his fist into the air and yelled "Go MOE!" right after the video was shown and before he announced 842 as this year's winners. :D

I was also very inspired by the write up on 842's efforts to spread the word. Excellent job, Falcon Robotics!

Artless_Grace
04-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I think you guys exemplify what first is about, on the whole and I really want a copy of that video. It was very well done ^_^ and I think it's an excellent piece to show to students who are interested in joining the FRC program.

Chris27
04-21-2008, 01:10 PM

Chairman's Award 2008 (mp4) (http://rapidshare.com/files/109322446/Chairman_s_Award_2008.mp4.html)

I also tried youtubing it but the video is too long.

MoeMom
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks Chris! We're all anxious to show friends and family. Our student video team worked all year with Paul Lazarus. He's a really super great guy and it was an honor to have him do this video. Congrats and good luck to Falcon Robotics 842!

Andrea's Mom
04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZPlNhUP1SaM

It was exciting to see all the new faces on the team and how well they represented MOE. It was also nice to see some of the clips from last year - I'll never get tired of the pictures at the White House. Go MOE!

Pjohn1959
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Great job with the video this year. I think its the best yet. We should see it again at the 09' kickoff, right?

Carol
04-24-2008, 02:26 PM
A high-res version is available on our web site now (www.moe365.org). We had a great time making this. Our students filmed all year long and sent hundreds of hours of video to Paul Lazarus. He and his crew came to our site film the remaining scenes (such as the interviews and DuPont scenes) in one long day (which unfortunately was the day after the Philly Regional!).

I love the details and special effects he put into the video. Note how the headlights behind Jim Carrey turn green. And look at the reflections in the sunglasses in the Willy Wonka scenes.

The solar panels in the group shots are at one of the local DuPont sites (Chestnut Run). And if you look closely, you can see part of the t-shirt wall in our build area. We are collecting t-shirts from other teams and will be hanging them all on that wall.

For those of you not familiar with Phillie baseball, the strange creature sticking out his tongue is the Philly Phanatic.

And the woman in the crown was Miss Delaware, who is a chemical engineer at DuPont.

How many of you can see yourself on the video? There are shots from various competitions where you might have been. :D

Mr MOE
04-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Great job with the video this year. I think its the best yet. We should see it again at the 09' kickoff, right?

That's correct. Assuming FIRST repeats their pattern, this video should be shown again during kickoff when the Chairman's Award discussion occurs.

Glad you like it. Lots of time and effort went into this by many, many people.