PDA

View Full Version : Videos/photos of award winners / copies of submissions

skippy178
04-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Does FIRST make available video/photos and/or hard/electronic copies of the submissions which win many of the awards at regionals and Championship ?

It seems that one of the greatest ways to learn and improve, is to be able to see what got the judges excited about a particular team. The "Delphi “Driving
Tomorrow’s Technology”, General Motors Industrial Design, and Motorola Quality awards are all in this "touchy feely looky" category of awards where it's hard to FULLY appreciate what a team did unless you got a chance to see it up-close and personal.

Now I know that SOAP and TBA provide video from SOME, but alas, not for ALL events, so that gives a bit of a starting point to do some research, but it's often incomplete coverage (hey, we REALLY appreciate all these guys do to get us as much vid as possible !) and it's still hard to always appreciate "what the judges saw"

Other than those video archives, I've not noticed anything on this, but then again I'm fairly new to FRC and quite easily could have overlooked things.

I just wonder whether FIRST should directly take a responsibility for formally capturing this for the benefit of other teams who are unable to see it all for themselves.

J

Chris Fultz
04-22-2008, 02:16 PM
FIRST does not do this and they do not post team submissions.
Many teams do post their CA and WFA on CD or their own websites.

It might be an interesting process for someone to gather data on the winners of each regional award and try to get information from them on the specifics.