PDA

View Full Version : quick question about qualifying points

Hymnson
09-25-2001, 04:51 PM
I'm not quite sure, but if you come in 2nd place for a regional competition. Meaning, my team made it to the final match but lost. We're automatically finalists at the regional but does that mean we're a divisional winner also? Because to my understanding, the championship match at a regional is the winner of 2 divisions who face each other for the regional title. If this is so, then the RAMBOTS ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE "CHAMPIONSHIPS" lol but money to get there is a whole different issue.

Joe Ross
09-25-2001, 05:43 PM
The way that I read the letter, by coming in second at the regional, you have 2 points. The divisional awards are based on the divisions at nationals. Since you did not make it to the divisional finals at nationals, you do not get any points. I do not beleive that they consider regionals to have divisions.

Joel J
09-25-2001, 07:29 PM
a. Regional or National Divisional winner 3
b. Regional or National Divisional finalist 2
points And if I understand this correctly, it can be further simplified to increase its comprehensibility:

a.[list=1] Regional Winner - 3 National Division Winner - 3[/list=1]b.[list=1] Regional Finalist - 2 National Division Finalist - 2[/list=1]

Jestin McCarthy
09-25-2001, 08:55 PM
what if you were in regional finalist twice? would that be still 2 points or 4 points?

P.J. Baker
09-25-2001, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Jestin McCarthy
what if you were in regional finalist twice? would that be still 2 points or 4 points?

Should be 4 points. Otherwise a team winning one regional and making one regional final would get more points than a team that wins 2 regionals.