PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut FRC Mentor Recognition Day

KathieK
09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
All Connecticut FRC adult and college-age mentors are invited to participate in the Mentor Recognition Day on Saturday, October 4, 2008, at Wolcott High School, Wolcott, CT. FRC Team 1071, Max, and CT FIRST are hosting the event.

The day will feature an info session on the vision of CT FIRST, an information session about the new cRIO controller by Brad Miller of WPI, an overview of LabVIEW programming, an overview of C/C++ programming, a networking session, a teambuilding session, and a complimentary Mentor Recognition Luncheon as our way of saying THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!

For more information check with your team contact person or e-mail me. You must pre-register by Sept 25 in order to attend the event.

KathieK
09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
We've added an afternoon session of C/C++ so that mentors can attend both the LabVIEW session in the morning and C/C++ in the afternoon! We've also added a session in the morning for the non-technical mentors on communicating within your team and in the community, and marketing your team.

Rosiebotboss
09-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Is this open to non-CT mentors?

BobC
09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Is this open to non-CT mentors?
You work in CT that's close enough.

KathieK
09-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Space is limited and so the event is only open to CT FRC mentors at this time.

If additional training sessions are wanted in the CT/RI/MA area, please let me know and I will work with the Regional chairs and RD in this area to try and make it happen!

BobC
09-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Sorry Dana I was wrong. :confused:

kdavidson
09-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Keep in mind that similar seminars are going to be presented at the Bash at the Beach two weeks later. To quote their web site:

New Control System Workshop

This summer we have been working with some local companies who use Labview in their day to day operations. We are setting up a workshop at the BASH for all local FIRST teams to learn some information about the new control system. We will have several people from WPI and labview to help. (Local means anyone who wants to attend the workshop, even if your team is not attending the BASH.) A separate signup is required. email Mike Gentry gentrme@nu.com

Go to http://www.batb.us for more info.

Ken

KathieK
09-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I still haven't heard from about a third of the FRC teams in the state... I'd like to personally thank each of the mentors at our luncheon for all the hard work you do, so please consider joining us on the 4th of October. RSVP by Saturday, Sept 27 to me at kkentfield [at] usfirst [dot] org..