PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to get a live video feed from your axis cam?

Jazonk
12-14-2008, 02:30 PM
We hooked up the camera to a pc and got a video feed, then when we put it on the robot the screen was blank. the ethernet port on the cRIO wans't blinking...anyone know how to do it?

Mark McLeod
12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Did you use the special orange cross-over ethernet cable to connect the camera to the cRIO port 2?

ShotgunNinja
12-30-2008, 04:46 PM
I did find an open-source C#-based program called CV (Google it) that lets you hook into and view feeds from IP cameras such as the one shipped with the 2008-2009 kit.

Also, the format is HTTP-packeted MJPEG (Moving JPEG), I believe, similar to any standard IP camera. You could probably just use VLC Media Player to watch it live.

Hadi379
12-30-2008, 11:35 PM
I'd also like to get some more information on this topic. We as a team have configured the webcam according the the control system manual and got a live feed when we were directly hooked to the camera. We then hooked it back up into port 2 and wanted to try to view the camera another way with no success.

Is there anyway to view a live feed wirelessely or by hooking up a laptop to the router or driver station? If so, do we need another crossover cable or is an ethernet cable fine? Do we hook up to the router or driver station?

Thanks...

keehun
12-31-2008, 12:26 AM
The setup that you would use to view it wireless is to get the image from the cRio. If you make a new dashboard project in LabView and type in the correct IP address for the robot, you should be able to see your video feed. I was able to see it for the first time today! It's a little blurry but I'm guessing there's a way to adjust the focus.

You also may have to make a new project in labview, point the correct cRio IP and go to "Tools" and then do "Set up AXIS Camera"

Are you able to deploy projects to the cRio? Is everything else set up correctly?

Greg Marra
12-31-2008, 12:42 AM
In LabView, if you use one of the default examples that ships with the cRio, it is easy to add a front-panel element to get a live preview of the camera while developing code. Right click one of the wires in the code diagram that carries an image, and select "Add Indicator". This will add a front panel element that will show you the video in semi-live mode - there is a few seconds of delay from the wireless transmission and all.

legotech25
01-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I keep hearing that the LabView Dashboard is usable when WindRiver is used to program the cRio. Does anyone know how this setup works?

Greg Marra
01-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I keep hearing that the LabView Dashboard is usable when WindRiver is used to program the cRio. Does anyone know how this setup works?

The laptop running the dashboard must have a static IP of 10.x.y.6. The data is automatically streamed to this IP address, and no other. Make sure you've set that up properly, or else the LabView Dashboard won't get any data.