PDA

View Full Version : Source for Vision Target Fabric

DanDon
01-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know where we would be able to acquire more pieces of the green and pink vision targets? I would like to see how the camera reacts when there are multiple targets in the field of view.

Thanks!

JoshD
01-03-2009, 04:32 PM
The fabric appears to be the same 1000D Cordura fabric some teams use to cover their bumpers with.

Joshamuffin
01-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Just use paper of the same color.

Tanner
01-03-2009, 05:01 PM
The camera can track any number of targets (well, there's probably a limit, but I doubt that'd be realistic), but it all depends on the software that uses the camera. Sure, the camera may appear to track one target, but most likely it is choosing one specific target particle due to its qualities.

If you're going to play with vision, go play in Vision Assistant. You can then export from there a LabView VI, which you can use on the robot.

Cheers
-Tanner

DanDon
01-03-2009, 05:10 PM
The camera can track any number of targets (well, there's probably a limit, but I doubt that'd be realistic), but it all depends on the software that uses the camera. Sure, the camera may appear to track one target, but most likely it is choosing one specific target particle due to its qualities.

If you're going to play with vision, go play in Vision Assistant. You can then export from there a LabView VI, which you can use on the robot.

Cheers
-Tanner

I was actually just really wondering where i could get more of the vision target fabric....I'm more of a C++ guy myself, anyway.

But on the topic of the Vision Assistant, how do you change the colorspace that you're playing with the image in? Mine seems to be stuck in RGB when I want to use HSL.

Tanner
01-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I was actually just really wondering where i could get more of the vision target fabric....I'm more of a C++ guy myself, anyway.

But on the topic of the Vision Assistant, how do you change the colorspace that you're playing with the image in? Mine seems to be stuck in RGB when I want to use HSL.

Eh, no problem - more information than you wanted is no harm.

Should depend on the little "functions" you pick on. For instance, what I have used to get started in my experience in getting the camera to track something (ex: the big blue ball) is to start with the Line Profile (after switching it to HSL). And then selecting the Color Threshold (and switching to HSL) and placing the values that are "blue".

I don't have Vision Assistant in front of me, but as far as I know, its pretty much per function.

-Tanner

DanDon
01-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Eh, no problem - more information than you wanted is no harm.

Should depend on the little "functions" you pick on. For instance, what I have used to get started in my experience in getting the camera to track something (ex: the big blue ball) is to start with the Line Profile (after switching it to HSL). And then selecting the Color Threshold (and switching to HSL) and placing the values that are "blue".

I don't have Vision Assistant in front of me, but as far as I know, its pretty much per function.

-Tanner

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you switch to HSL before selecting Line Profile?

Tanner
01-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you switch to HSL before selecting Line Profile?

Ah - you switch to HSL after selecting Line Profile. It's like right above the the graph that shows up on the right side of the screen.

-Tanner