PDA

View Full Version : Andymark Selling Trailer Kits!

excel2474
01-10-2009, 10:16 AM
These are great if your team doesn't already have one. Here's the link http://www.andymark.biz/am-0314.html

M. Gildner
01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
the only question left is why are they charging $190 ?

thats a little pricey for some pvc, plywood, nuts, and bolts.

Elgin Clock
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
the only question left is why are they charging $190 ?

thats a little pricey for some pvc, plywood, nuts, and bolts.

Actually, if you bothered to take the time to read the description, you don't get the hardware, nor the pvc, but you do get everything else precut & shipped directly to your door so all you need to do is assemble the trailer.

If paying for convenience is not your style, feel free to make it yourself.

Also, to put it in perspective it's the same price as the C-Channel (kit-bot).
For less than 500 bucks, you can have an extra bot base & a trailer, or 2 trailers to practice with your existing bot base from the kit.
That's not a bad deal.

Taylor
01-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Why not rent a FIRST field for $100? It would come with 6 trailers and a bunch of orbit balls, right?

[/silliness]

Elgin Clock
01-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Why not rent a FIRST field for $100? It would come with 6 trailers and a bunch of orbit balls, right?

500 bucks total actually, the 100 is only a deposit.

The total cost of using this field will be $500, for events within a 5 hour drive of Kokomo, Indiana. Once your deposit ...(of the initial $100)... is paid and processed by AndyMark, the field will be reserved for your event. At the time of your event, you will be invoiced for the remaining $400.

Again though, another good investment of 500 bucks if you're close to Kokomo anyways. :yikes:

And I believe that will only be available for off-season events, & not during build, seeing as they still have the info up for the Overdrive game.
Just a guess. And, this is last year's prices for the field rental, so that could even change for this year, who knows?

colin340
01-13-2009, 09:50 AM

from AM's web site -"The total cost of using this field will be $500, for events within a 5 hour drive of Kokomo, Indiana. Once your deposit is paid and processed by AndyMark, the field will be reserved for your event. At the time of your event, you will be invoiced for the remaining $400. This money is applied to the transportation costs to get the field to your event and back to New Hampshire in November."

and guys
That's not pricey at all, there a alot of labor in cutting out the top and bottom hex shapes as well and the wheels at 20$ sounds fair to me.

M. Gildner
01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Actually, if you bothered to take the time to read the description, you don't get the hardware, nor the pvc, but you do get everything else precut & shipped directly to your door so all you need to do is assemble the trailer.

I know i was trying to prove a point. We built our trailer in about a half hour from stuff we had just laying around. If we added up the total price it would be a lot less than $190.

I apologize for any misunderstandings.

RoboGeek99
01-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Assuming that the andymark trailers are regulation size and weight...if anyone has bought them do you have the exact weight of the trailer?...we were going to build one and make it 30 lbs...

BRAVESaj25bd8
01-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure about the labor that goes into these trailer kits. We are lucky enough to have access to a CNC router, making the trailer pretty easy to manufacture. I would imagine AM has a similar if not better way to make the trailer. If that is indeed the case, $190 seems a bit pricey to me as well. But like Elgin said, you're paying for the convenience of not having to worry about it.