PDA

View Full Version : Camera probs/coding in LabView

Chath Maral
01-10-2009, 02:36 PM
This Thread is for all the camera-related errors/other interesting facts.
I found some pdf files that help with the setup, but so far I've had no chance to mess with the coding... I've also not had any experience with LabView ^^;
Sooo cameramen assemble! :D

dani190
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
yea any ideas on how to change the code so that you can control the camera with 1 joystick and control both axis.

I know its relativlly easy but being sort of new to labview i dont really know how to do that...

Any ideas?

Chath Maral
01-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Well... iv'e been using this basicly as my guide to coding the camra. Hope it does you good :D

DSST\neal.ian
01-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Two things. First of all, I want to steal that "Cake==Lie" thing, because I love the Portal joke and that is just awesome. The second thing is that we are trying to connect to the camera via the cRio, and we are having no luck. We imaged it correctly and installed updates on everything, but still we have no luck, and we know that the camera IP on the robot is supposed to be 192.168.0.3 and that we (I beleive) imaged the second port for that, and running the entire robot code and changing the ip to that, we are still unable to get a picture to show up in the probe or the front panel. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg McKaskle
01-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Unless you have logged into the camera and changed the IP, it should be 192.168.0.90, the factory default I believe. The camera setup utility doesn't change the IP either.

Try that IP, or whatever the documentation says is the factory default.

Greg McKaskle

DSST\neal.ian
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
We got it. We were running the wrong VI <:rolleyes:> Who, me? Would I do that? </:rolleyes:> The only question we have now and what we are currently working on is how the heck to link the color tracking with the motor controls, but I'm sure we will work that out. Thanks, though.

Luke Pike
01-25-2009, 04:25 PM
The only question we have now and what we are currently working on is how the heck to link the color tracking with the motor controls, but I'm sure we will work that out. Thanks, though.

If you want to face the target with your robot, turn towards the error. If you want to face the target with a turret, use an encoder.