PDA

View Full Version : Default code

Mr. E
02-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Our default code in LabVIEW has become....violated....How do I get the default code back? Do I have to reinstall LabVIEW from the CDs and then install the updates? Will someone please say no because that was not a short process.

Mark McLeod
02-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Do you mean the Advanced and/or Basic Framework or some examples?

You should be able to recover those original files, not from the original installation disks, but from another installation.
Any particular vi's that were corrupted?
I'll go look for them...

P.S.
The Frameworks are defined in:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\resource\plugins\NewDialogFiles\ProjectWizards \FRC\FRC Templates

The Examples are in:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\examples\FRC

What do you need?

Mr. E
02-04-2009, 09:33 AM
The Basic robot main VI and the watchdog VI.

Mark McLeod
02-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Here's the Basic Robot Main vi.
It goes in: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\resource\plugins\NewDialogFiles\ProjectWizards \FRC\FRC Templates\Basic Robot

The WatchDog vi's should be in a WPI library (WatchDog.lvlib) I think.
This is the entire contents of: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Robotics Library\WPI\Watchdog

Some WatchDog vi's are hard or impossible to get to, for instance, FeedWatchDog.vi in:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\Robotics Library\NIFPGAInterface\WatchDog is password protected.

Note that these are as of Update 3a. I'll probably remove these attachments after you've picked them up, just so there is no confusion or conflict with later Updates.

Removed for the prevention of versionitis.

Mr. E
02-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Just got em. Thanks Mark. A little installing and reimaging and we should be good as new.

Greg McKaskle
02-04-2009, 11:46 AM
You should really just need to run the wizard from the launch screen or the New... again. Hopefully that will give you a clean start. If you go to the template location beware that there is a Real VIs folder that the wizard copies over the ones in the Advanced or Basic folder. The reason has to do with a workaround for FPGA and projects and Save As.

Anyway, I hope you get a clean copy, otherwise post again.

Greg McKaskle