PDA

View Full Version : No code error

Fricke
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Our OI is reading no code. I have all the updates, I am uploading the correct .out file, I am using the default simple robot code. I am using windriver and have triple checked all the settings and it is able to undeploy the imaged code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fatality
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
We had this problem before and we were trying everything to get it fixed. To get it working again we ended up having to redo the updates for the robot and windriver. So i would try that and see if that works.

Analog
02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
re-flash

Then do a complete power down and power back up.

programMORT11
02-05-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah make sure you use the latest updates from wpi which you can find links for on the first control system page

3DWolf
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I've often found that when I get this error its an error in the code itself - even if you dont get any compile errors or anything, something might still be wrong. In one case I didn't disable the watchdog in the autonomous portion of the code and that caused this error to appear.
Look through your code again.

Fricke
02-06-2009, 06:58 PM
We had this problem before and we were trying everything to get it fixed. To get it working again we ended up having to redo the updates for the robot and windriver. So i would try that and see if that works.

Thanks this worked

Shira
02-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Today it was working fine, and then at one point my computer froze, and when it was up and running again the cRIO began to display "no code." So far I've updated the DS, reflashed the cRIO, reupdated Windriver, and double checked my code (which is exactly the same as it was when the robot was last working). After reflashing the cRIO it has code (the default code) but when I deploy code it returns to saying no code again...

Edit:
I checked my code, or rather, went to the original for the code I was modifying, and re-inserted all the necessary changes I wanted. Somewhere something must have changed, because the robot stopped giving me the no code error. I have no idea what it was though...

Kruuzr
02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
One 'feature' :rolleyes: of VxWorks is that the linker will not warn you if you make a call to a function that does not exist. It assumes it will be supplied elsewhere. It won't complain, it just won't load, causing a 'No Code' error. I actually ran across this at my job two weeks ago, and then my team ran into it last week.

Steve

Blair Frank
02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
A way to detect that linker error is to enable terminal output. The terminal reliably tells you on startup whether or not the code has been unloaded. It's been a great, and reliable way for us to stay on top of bugs for that particular error.

Analog
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
A way to detect that linker error is to enable terminal output. The terminal reliably tells you on startup whether or not the code has been unloaded. It's been a great, and reliable way for us to stay on top of bugs for that particular error.

Yes, this is the way to do it.

Jon236
02-10-2009, 10:07 PM
When I tried re-imaging, I get a 'code 56' error.....any idea of what that is?

Joohoo
02-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I've often found that when I get this error its an error in the code itself - even if you dont get any compile errors or anything, something might still be wrong. In one case I didn't disable the watchdog in the autonomous portion of the code and that caused this error to appear.
Look through your code again.
Does anyone know whether enabling the watchdog in autonomous mode will cause the no-code error?

Jon236
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the help....a different laptop solved the problem....now I just have the blinking DSC of death.....