PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Slogans

kmcclary
09-25-2009, 06:03 AM
Anyone have any good slogans for Recruiting Posters, or sayings to fire up your current students to help encourage them to recruit more students???

I'll start:

"RECRUIT!! Remember the Fight Rule of FIRST Club: Fight hard to tell everyone you know all about FIRST Club..."

- Keith

Tom Line
09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
We've found the best recruiting is bringing the robot to Freshman orientation and letting them drive it. We've never had issues getting people. Now.... having too many is a different problem...

Katie_UPS
09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
We tell the parents what the program can offer. They really like the idea of scholarships.

Dantvman27
09-25-2009, 11:35 AM
FIRST ROBOTICS! ITS BETTER THAN PIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFV9S4Gn_OY

delsaner
09-25-2009, 11:55 AM
FIRST ROBOTICS! ITS BETTER THAN PIE

Haha, we should use that... :cool:

Dantvman27
09-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Haha, we should use that... :cool:

that's what i get for writing the president's circle video last minute and late night

Travis Hoffman
09-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Wandering aimlessly through the desert wasteland of your future? Looking for an oasis in that vast expanse of career nothingness in which you roam? Well quench your thirst for FIRST by joining Team XXX!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously, "Quenching your thirst for FIRST" appeared on Team 48 water bottles ca. 2003-2004.

kmcclary
09-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey people, please focus! :D This was not intended to be a generic recruiting strategy nor a chatting thread. (PLEASE take that elsewhere, or to PM... Thanks!)

This thread is for sharing RECRUITING SLOGANS, for posters, et al You know... The Uncle Sam "We want YOU, to join ROBOTICS" kind of thing... <edit> (like Travis', that just came in... Thanks, Travis!) </edit>.

Anyone have any, that have been successful? Links to robotics recruiting posters we could use (esp. eye catching, or funny ones!) would also be acceptable.

Thanks!

- Keith

Abrakadabra
09-25-2009, 04:45 PM
"FIRST: The only sport where every participant can turn pro!"

'nuff said...

Wayne C.
09-25-2009, 04:57 PM
a well known Klobergism here in NJ

"don't let your school be the last to be FIRST"

Wiifi
11-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Not just Cookies and Flyers,
Screws and Pliers!

kmcclary
03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Now that the season is starting to wind down, many of my teams are dropping back to recruiting activities again for the summer "fun robotics activities", and next season's team.

We are definitely still looking for more good recruiting slogans, that have worked for your team.

As a change of pace, one of my teams has said they are going to try out a "Want Ad" campaign at the school, for "filling jobs" (like "Webmaster Wanted, Will Train", etc.). They are trying to NOT mention FIRST, Robotics etc, in them this time around. They want to see if their previous campaigns were running up against some "unknown social bias" against Robotics, FIRST, or the team in general (like the old "IF you join THOSE guys, then WE won't consider you one of us Cool Kids anymore" peer pressure thing)... Sounds like a good experiment to me!

But, we need some good slogans for THAT too. So if you have any GENERIC recruiting slogans that have worked for your group, I would also be interested in hearing them.

Thanks!
- Keith