PDA

View Full Version : Camera not functioning

Lord_Jeremy
02-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Right so 1546 has been having a few issues with our camera. We're using Java and I've written a substantial amount of code, including camera routines. Just to test out the hookup and see our advisor's face on the screen, I created the example CircleTrackerDemo project and loaded it on the robot. Alas, the code loaded up and we got green lights across the board but the classmate still showed "Timeout in Camera Communications". I tried rebooting the bot and the classmate, tickng the video button, checking the camera power and crossover cable. Then I made some modifications to the demo code to print to the dashboard if it found a target or not. I didn't get any output at all (yes I called update) which seems to indicate that cam.freshImage() was never true. I even added another print to make sure the display worked. Read elsewhere that we might try reinstalling the DS software but it seems to me that this is a camera coms issue. Not sure what to do next. Thanks!

Greg McKaskle
02-10-2010, 01:11 AM
If you haven't done so already, make sure to create an account on the camera. You can do so manually or by running the Setup Axis Camera utility. I'd honestly expect another error if this were the issue, but I don't have much experience with the Java drivers.

Other things to check. Camera has a green light around its ring. Camera is plugged into enet plug 2 on cRIO. Also, I have seen issues where C code was creating the camera object in a loop until it succeeded. With no delay, this additional http requests slowed the camera boot from 20seconds to 90seconds. If you haven't already, give it that long. If that is the issue, the solution is to add a wait into the loop when you receive the error.

Greg McKaskle

Lord_Jeremy
02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Already ran Setup Axis Camera. The green light is on. The getInstance() is being called in robotInit, not a looped function. Oh and is plugged into Ethernet port 2. I've let it sit for a while but the dashboard camera viewport still shows the aforementioned message.