PDA

View Full Version : cRIO failing to respond to uploads after updating NetBeans plugins

javawizard
02-10-2010, 01:40 AM
We recently updated the NetBeans plugins we're using. The first time we went to upload some new code under the new NetBeans plugin, it went to the "Waiting for cRIO to restart (1s)" thing, which it's never gotten to before (it would always get stuck at "Setting up for RUN" whenever we'd upload anything, and we'd simply do a hard reboot and our program would run). It sat at there until "Waiting for cRIO to restart (500s)", at which point I decided that 10 minutes of waiting meant there was something up. I hard-rebooted and went to re-upload code, and it get stuck at exactly the same screen. Wne I hard-reboot the robot, it shows that there's robot code according to the driver station, but nothing at all moves when I activate it (although the watchdog doesn't complain about not getting fed). It occasionally goes to "No robot code" after that until I hard-reboot both the robot and the computer.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on? Since we're to the point that the rest of the team needs the electronics up to test out most of the other stuff, this is a somewhat large roadblock.

spartango
02-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Make sure you have the latest cRIO image: http://ftp.ni.com/support/labview/FIRST/FRCLabVIEWUpdate2.0for2010.zip

Daniel Jones
02-11-2010, 02:29 PM
We found this behavior as well. Change your subnet mask on the network interface going to the crio from 255.255.255.0 to 255.0.0.0 and see if that fixes it.